Layout Gets A Little Greenery

Drew1125

Here's a K&I switcher spotting a reefer at the Leigh Foods plant...
Tried adding some trees for some contrast to that urban scenery.

Attachments

• reefer.jpg
    reefer.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 155

Drew1125

Thanks for the kind words.
Catt,
It's so good to see you back "under steam" again! :D
Have you been feeling up to doing any work on the GVR yet?

C

Catt

Not really Charlie. I've been settin' on my butt mostly.

I was given a junk LifeLike SW9 last week to mess with. She was a real basket case.I put her back together and in typical LL fashion she purrs like a kitten.

Too many missing parts to put her back in service as a SW9 so the GVR shops have been doing a total rebuild.I will post pix soon.:D

Gary Pfeil

Charlie, that's an awesome photo. My wife and I were recently given a used digital camera, and while fine for portraits and outdoor scenery shots, is disappointing when attempting close ups such as yours. Even worse for a shot of the length of a peninsula. The only adjustment for focus, well there is no focus, choose normal or zoom. Truthfully not much difference, unless I am doing something wrong, totally possible as I have no book. What I suppose are International symbols understood universally appear on various buttons giving the haplass user (me) no idea what it is for. All seem to have been figured out and accounted for, so I.m inclined to know why it was given away. Olympis C700, was that what Shamus uses? What do you use?

Gary

RI541

Gary,

I picked up a cheap camera at a pawn shop and found a manual on the net I just printed it off I think it was a Casio. But then I brought it back cause it was to costly to get the special connector wire for the computter.

shamus

Registered Member
Great looking scenery Charlie, looks like you have a good camera also.

Catt, you okay friend, glad you are back with us.

Drew1125

Gary,
The camera I have is a Sony Mavica FD73.
It stores the pictures on 3.5" floppy disks.
It also has a 10x macro zoom lens, which lets you get in very close. (that's especially handy when working in N scale)
I think the Olympus is probably a better camera, & I know people will tell you that the smart card is a better way to store your pictures, but the Sony works fine for me, (not only that but it was a gift from my wife) & it's VERY simple for techno-idiots like myself to use.