Laying out NTrak modules

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Starting to plan the track work for my two new NTrak modules. Going for a logging scene and will be switchbacking up from the blue line to the mountain division. Using a 5% grade for the 3" of rise. Nothing in the picture is anchored. I have everything pinned in place continually rearranging the layout. Satisfied with the first switchback, pinned some track into place as I had to test it. No problem for the Atlas Shay, pulled everything up the grade with no problems. My littleClimax on the other hand was only able to pull one log bunk. Guess She will have to be used for shuttle service in one of the upper camps I have planned.

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 137
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 137

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Good question "88", having trouble finding free time to work on it. Long long way to go yet. Did get some done today. Beautiful day to be outside grinding syrofoam insulation. Using my homemade hot wire cutter to shape the left mountain - too darn slow. Found that a 2" sander in my drill worked real well. Messy, but a lot quicker. Made the mountain top removable to facilitate making track connections at shows. (Also to rescue derailments inside)

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 106
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 108
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 104