Laying my track by number.

fatso

May 15, 2004
london uk
After getting myself all confused when tracking laying with my short term memory not so good i have color coded and numbered the track on the basis of paintig by numbers it seems to work out pretty well i know its doble handling but better that than no track laid at all also i can x off the numbers as i go and when i come back i just pick up from where i left my aim is to complete layout as follows 6 lines in 00 using 36 sets of points 18 left hand 18 right hand all motorired to change from track 1 to all other tracks on /off 24 points for sidings/ plus branch lines plus tram way going over 4ft 6inches supespension bridge So let the nigh mare begin.mike

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Mike,
Believe me, you're not alone when it comes to being confused over track laying, especially when dealing with the number of tracks & turnouts (points) you have!
I've think you've hit on a great idea fior keeping things organized!
Thanks for sharing it!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Mike,
With your numbering system, track laying won't be a nightmare! I think this is the first time I've heard of prenumbering the track sections, to insure everything gets installed in the right place. Neat idea!!
A 4'-6" suspension bridge?........That could be a nightmare! :D :D :D
I hope you'll post some pictures of the bridge, as you build it. Hoping that project goes well for you.
Pete

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Mike. I think I know that suspension bridge. I've had one for over 30 years and my wife insistes that it go in each layout. It can be a bit of a problem -- 4'6" of bridge plus 3 feet of curves takes you almost up to 8'; use 24" radius and you get near 9'.