Lawn Tractor

DWest

Jan 10, 2011
This is a pretty simple model of a tractor style mower. Since I couldn't find one I decided to make it myself, I drew it on a CAD program and even printed it on scrap paper - I really didn't think it would turn out to be anything other than just more scrap paper. The mower is about 6 inches long and is built to eyeball scale.

Attachments

• 8966A.jpg
    8966A.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 8972AA.jpg
    8972AA.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 18
  • 8979AA.jpg
    8979AA.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 21

DWest

Jan 10, 2011
I will post the templates for the mower on my Deviant Art page ASAP if anyone would like to build it. When I have them up I will post a link here.

DWest

Jan 10, 2011
If anyone wants to try the mower here is a link to my Deviant Art page. http://dwest42.deviantart.com/ you can download the 3 pages there and the simple mower if you'd like. Just click on Gallery, click on the page you want, click on download(right side of the page) to get the full sized image. You can check out my bug pictures there too if you're really bored....lol

DWest

Jan 10, 2011
posted an update to the mower on my Deviant Art page. It consists of a padded seat, arm rests, and the pulleys

sjsquirrel

Feb 9, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
stevebondy.ca
That tractor looks very good DWest. A bit of color, stick it in a diorama and it could pass as real. One change I would suggest is to give it round axles. Then the wheels would turn and it would look better then the square hubs visible in the wheels.

Good work.

Steve

DWest

Jan 10, 2011
Thanks Steve! I did make some covers that fit inside the wheels to hide the square axles but I was just to lazy to cut them out and glue them into position. From past experience I had little faith that everything would fit and was totally amazed when it did....lol. I am working to improve the model and plan to make the next one in color

Dan