Lavender Line

DavRed

The lavender line is a preserved railway in east Sussex where I am a diesel driver.
Heres some of the stock including the last of the thumpers (DEMU) that we have just got.

Attachments

• h5.jpg
    h5.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 195
  • h10.jpg
    h10.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 183

DavRed

Another view of the thumper and some of our members.

Attachments

• h6.jpg
    h6.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 177
  • h7.jpg
    h7.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 167

interurban

Lovely shots Davred, being expat I need to see more of our railway shots.
:thumb: any more :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How about some action shots from the cab :eek:

DavRed

interurban said:
Lovely shots Davred, being expat I need to see more of our railway shots.
:thumb: any more :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How about some action shots from the cab :eek:
I will get some more shots next time I am down there, though I dont know about action shots from the cab. There is little more boring than driving a train, once you are going that is it, nothing to do until you have to stop.

David

DavRed

jon-monon said:
Beautiful shunter. A British made critter? Know who made it? Other shots nice too!
As far as we know it was built by british army apprentices during or shortly after WW2.

David

DavRed

Some more pics I found.

Attachments

• lavender0003.jpg
    lavender0003.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 157
  • lavender0002.jpg
    lavender0002.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 157

Keith.W

Hi I Just found this forum, and I'm a member of the engineering staff at Isfield (Lavender Line). The Lavender Line As far as I'm aware, Planet No 015 was built by F. C. Hibberd & Co Ltd. I'm not aware of any army apprentice connection. The Kitson 0-6-0 "Austin 1" is owned by the Llangollen Railway in Wales and is on hire to us while our own locomotive "Blackie" is restored. For anyone interested there are lots of good pictures of our line at Nikki's Gallery @ Fotopic.Net There are a few there so some searching is required.