Latest weathering project car (pics inside)

Mar 8, 2003
eddielandreth.boche.net
I've been trying some more weathering techniques, and on this one I was going for a severely
oxidized look, as well as the rust and grime. I used a base wash of diluted acrylic (burnt sienna)
first, to get rid of the sheen and give the following applications some "tooth" to hang on to.
Then applied some chalks (Bragdon Enterprises), followed by Rustall liquid, and finally a
couple of coats of Rustall black wash. The oxidized look came from the Rustall liquid - that
stuff is very cool stuff indeed. I really like it, and the nice thing is that if you feel it's too
oxidized, you can lightly spray as much Dullcoat on it as necessary and the
oxidization will fade away.

GP_BOXCAR_1.jpg

GP_BOXCAR_2.jpg

GP_BOXCAR_doors2.jpg

GP_BOXCAR_roof.jpg

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
That is just a brilliant job, Eddie. I just use chalks, and it's amazing what white will do, and I do "over do it" with the dullcoat too, to get that speckled rust spot look, when you just dump the chalk on, and let it "puddle" in the dullcoat.

However, I have used other "dull spray" finishes, and if you'r not careful, they disolve the finer detail on the platic casting. Big boo boo it was to use a more "heavy duty" dull spray.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thats excellent work Eddie, I also use that 2 bottle liquid rust from "Patina Rust" Its great stuff.
Shamus