Latest weathering project car (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Eddie Landreth, Mar 12, 2004.

1. I've been trying some more weathering techniques, and on this one I was going for a severely
    oxidized look, as well as the rust and grime. I used a base wash of diluted acrylic (burnt sienna)
    first, to get rid of the sheen and give the following applications some "tooth" to hang on to.
    Then applied some chalks (Bragdon Enterprises), followed by Rustall liquid, and finally a
    couple of coats of Rustall black wash. The oxidized look came from the Rustall liquid - that
    stuff is very cool stuff indeed. I really like it, and the nice thing is that if you feel it's too
    oxidized, you can lightly spray as much Dullcoat on it as necessary and the
    oxidization will fade away.

2. George D

George D Member

First class:thumb:
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Excellent! :thumb: :cool:
  4. belg

belg Member

great work Ed in the right setting this could easily be confused for the real thing.Pat:thumb:
  5. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

That is just a brilliant job, Eddie. I just use chalks, and it's amazing what white will do, and I do "over do it" with the dullcoat too, to get that speckled rust spot look, when you just dump the chalk on, and let it "puddle" in the dullcoat.

However, I have used other "dull spray" finishes, and if you'r not careful, they disolve the finer detail on the platic casting. Big boo boo it was to use a more "heavy duty" dull spray.
  6. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Ahhhhhhhh,... that's something I've seen (and smelled)!

Thanks for the great pics.

7. GMRCNut868

GMRCNut868 New Member

very impressive indeed Eddie :thumb:!!
  8. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

NICE! Ugly....but NICE!!! Beautiful work!
  9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Beautiful, erm, I mean grungy! :D :D :D

Great work!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Fantastic work Eddie. The car looks real!!! If I saw it on a layout I'd be having to do a double take. Just awesome!

11. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Holy Wow!

A:eek: M:eek: A:eek: Z:eek: I:eek: N:eek: G work, Eddie!
  12. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thats excellent work Eddie, I also use that 2 bottle liquid rust from "Patina Rust" Its great stuff.