Latest short competition announced!

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by wunwinglow, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Think I'll just do the DuoDiscus by Jan Muller then :).
  2. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

It just about done. Chip says a few more weeks.

This isn't an entry picture. This is Chip's wife showing the wingspan of the large version, about 54 inches.

I'm going to enter a 1/4 size version that'll have a wingspan of about 2 and a half feet for the contest.
  3. I need a Pin up girl. . .

The preview pics of this model are fantastic! I am planning on making it an R/C plane in paper. Tell Chip, one of his customer's is chomping at the bit!...:)
    I would believe from following Fiddlersgreen and these forums that you know him, or are a regular at the site. If so, I believe thaey were working on a b25? and or another bomber. Do you know what happened? I was looking forward to buying those kits as well. . .
  4. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I actually worked with Chip for a few months on site at FG world HQ. I think he had a bad experience with whoever was designing the B-25, because he refused to talk about it.

If I get the chance I want to see if he'll let me take over the design to finish it. I won't gaurantee anything though.
  5. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

my entery
  6. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

yea i need some help. that stupid @#$^$# said that the pic where to big?
  7. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

OK, here's my entry, the Da Vinci glider;
    View attachment 11622
    and here's the action shot!:twisted:
    View attachment 11623
    Fun little model with about a 5" wingspan. Couldn't get a very decent shot of it, though.
  8. I need a Pin up girl. . .

As a customer and fellow forum member...that would be fantastic!...thnaks!
  9. Erik J

Erik J Member

DFS-230 glider contest entry

Here is my 1:72 DFS-230a. It is scaled down from my 1:33 model project (still in design process). Markings and camo are for Crete, 1941. Lack of a swastika is correct, by the way. When I get the docs done, I'll post it somewhere for free download. - Erik

View attachment 12587

View attachment 12588
  10. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Bah humbug

I would like to post my entry but the upload window keeps crashing - yes my pix are small enough!

Any suggestions??
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

There are still post issues..... I am sure peter is working on it....
  12. B-Manic

1902 Wright Glider

Well heres my entry - a scratch built 1902 Wright Glider

13. B-Manic

I heard about that too. It seems the gas companies had it shut down. (LOL)
  14. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Just a quick note to revise the deadline for this competition, after the changes here at, I think it is only fair to give you all a few more days to finish your models and get the pictures posted. So if we say saturday 21st July is the new end date.

There is some excellent work already on display here, thanks to all those who have already entered!

15. Erik J

Erik J Member

the glider/sailplane contest

Anyone know what happened to the contest for best built glider/sailplane? I haven't seen any results or message traffic since July...

- Erik
  16. B-Manic

No - and I have not seen any posts from Tim lately. Hope he is OK.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.