Latest short competition announced!

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by wunwinglow, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

OK. Just because I'm building Jan Mullers beautiful T21b just now, and there are quite a few glider models available, this competition is for the best glider model, two pics of the finished model per entry, closing date 30th June 2007. Judge? Me. Prize? Win, and you'll find out!!

Gentlemen, start your engines.

Gentlemen, DON'T start your engines.

2. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Start your launch vehicle's engine, maybe???
  3. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

Any preference on the model?

I'm thinking of entering Fiddlersgreens upcoming newest glider, the ME 321 Gigant. I wanna make sure it's legal before I start slaughtering rain forests.
  4. Erik J

Erik J Member

what competetion?

What are the rules, and what can and can't be entered?
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

As long as its unpowered you can use it (as per the other thread that started this comp) You can even design a brick outhouse with wings - unless you consider that GAS powered - HAH! purchased, paid, self designed models are all allowed.....
  6. airbob

airbob Member

seems I remember the U.S. working on a secret project along these lines during WW II called "gaseous diphewsion":twisted:
  7. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

can i add my t21 also ?
  8. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Yaniv, yes of course, you were the inspiration for me!!

OK. Rules. It has to be a model of a GLIDER. That is, an aircraft DESIGNED to fly without the use of an engine. If it has to towed, or launched, or dropped, fine, so long as it it then makes progress without an engine attached. So Me 163, NO, not allowed. Motor is still attached. Same for Fourniers, Grobs etc. Me 321 Gigant YES, but Me 323 NO.

Slingsby, Discus, Bocian, Lileanthal, Cayley, yes. Space Shuttle, Dynosaur, 747 post-volcanic dust cloud, NO.

Now, I really, really, really do not want to get into a lot of nitty-picky, can-I have-this-one-even-though-it-clearly-has-an-engine-but-isn't-using-it-right-now nonsense, just go with the spirit of the competition, OK?

Glider. Paper model. 2 pictures of your finished model, by 30th June. Pics in this thread only get judged.

Now go get designing, buying, downloading, whatever, and get those pictures posted!!

PS My decisions are absolutely absolute, utterly dictatorial, so don't even think about arguing with me! Just get on with the models!!!
  9. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Thanks plastic, some nice models on that link; it would be nice to think we can drive a few donations that way as well! Jans site is at , by the way.

Looking forward to seeing your finished model, and lots more besides,

10. kronos

kronos Member

Real sweet models but im beginning to realize how rusty my german is
  11. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

I'm in

I will be entering a scratch built 1902, Wright Glider.

I better get to work on it . . .
  12. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

will we be able to enter more than one model?

13. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Yes, the more the merrier, but there is only one prize!

14. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

Good thing Fiddlersgreen has been releasing a lot of gliders recently.
  15. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

here is the first picture.
  16. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

never mind: (
  17. I need a Pin up girl. . .

is the model available?
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Whats up there cmdr? let me know if you need some help uploading pics - it can be rather tricky at first.... you can put them in a gallery here then point to that too. If its small enough and just one photo you can use manage attachments... this only works in post reply - not quick reply.... hope that helps
  19. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

any enters to this comp?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.