Latest project

shamus

Registered Member
Here's my latest scratchbuilt structure, and a closeup of the roof.
Shamus
newst03.jpg

roof.jpg

That's a great looking structure, Shamus. :) Showing the purlins under the shingles is a great detail!

Since a traveling gantry is required for loads, what industry is housed/served there?

billk

Great as usual, shamus. I've a question - The roofing crew is a really neat idea, but are you planning to make them a permanent feature, or will they get their repairs done at some point and go on to other work?

shamus

Registered Member
Hi gang,
Bill,
The workers on the roof might just get a surprise if I "CUT" the ropes one night whilst they are asleep up there.

Casey,
That traveling gantry is required for lifting out machinery/wheel sets from gondola's which come in from time to time for repairs.

Here's a closeup
Shamus

gantry.jpg

marty w.

Excellent work. That building has alot of character, with the steep pitch on the roof. The detail is fantastic.
Marty

msh

once again, Shamus, you've shown yourself to be the Master's Master. I'm more than just impressed!

davidstrains

Again- another great job by Shamus.

I now know why I am not getting anything done on My layout. I am spending all my time here looking at the great work all of you guys are doing.:eek: :eek: :)

But that is ok because I will try to incorporate some of what I see here into the work that I am doing. I consider this to be a Worldwide classroom and I am in about the 5th grade. Absorb.
absorb, absorb.

I may have to get over to the breakroom for a nip before trying to get back to work:) :) :D :D

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
1. The overall concept.
2. The character of the building.
3. The roof!
4. The siding with a platform on both sides.
5. The gantry crane.
6. The rock detail in the background.

!!!!!!! SENSORY OVERLOAD !!!!!!!!
Paul,
That's too much perfection in one photo. We all need our med's now!
I'm going to have to figure out what to change, so I can copy it, without looking like I copied it. Neat little industry!
Pete

Geeee! Shamus that model is simply mind blowing!!!
Sumpter has said it all.
It's absolutely suberb!!!

I'm going back to bead stringing as a hobby ... :eek:

Errol

msh

I have to add this. Not only is the modeling over the top superb, the IDEAS you get on what to model in the first place are like no others I've ever seen. What is your inspiration? Or are you one of the lucky people who has great ideas just spring into their brains spontaneously?

cidchase

Like somebody said (Mark Twain??), GENIUS is 10 per cent Inspiration and 90 per cent Perspiration!!

All that Lady Luck determines is whether or not you're going to mash your finger!! :D :D :D

Wonderful work, shamus!!

Beautiful little ole lineside structure there Paul!:) :)
Thanks for sharing it with us!!:D :D

All the members of the Gauge are now either working their tails off on their own models and layouts or have now resigned from the hobby!!:D :D :D :D :D

Matt--Hershey, Pa.