Latest project updated

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Now finished the pier for Hanks seafood’s to sit on, Time consuming making it and putting the barnacles on. Now it can be inserted on the layout and water (High gloss varnish) added.
Shamus

Attachments

• pierhead.jpg
    pierhead.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 81

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
That building is not the first time I have built it, It was first built around 4 years ago in H0, but got badly damaged, then I made it in N-scale but that along with all the N railroad was sold.

Here are the other two, first one in H0 then the other in "N".

photo20.jpg

photo21.jpg

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Shamus - Just noticed the clocks in the tower. Have you ever put in real clocks in any of your reincarnations? I think you could get some small battery-powered ones at a crafts place, might be kinda neat? While I'm brainstorming, how about adding something that would sound like a bell or chimes going off on the hour, etc? Shades of Big Ben!
Bill K

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Bill, I did try and find some small clocks, but was unable to find any small enough, around 1/4" dia. as for the bell chimes - Hmmmm.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
For the barnacles, I used white sand, as I play golf quite a bit, I managed to get a bag of sand out of one of the bunkers (SHHHHH)
Shamus

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
When I play golf, I also manage to get a bag of sand out of the bunker - I usually use a ball and a sandwedge to do it. In this technique, the ball stays put......

Anyhoo, the sand looks a lot better on your model than all over the fair-way where I put it!

;)

Another great model, Shamus !!!!!!!!!!

:)

- George

PS I STILL want a hardcopy book by you that covers all these wonderful modeling techniques !!! Have you started writing, yet ??????