Latest Bronx Union Terminal Power

Jorge

Mar 3, 2003
New York
Visit site
Hello Guys.

I have been off the board for awhile but these are the latest engines the Bronx Union Terminal has purchased. This time the Bronx Union went to Australia for power. The first model is an HO scale Lima ALCO DL500C that has been repowered with a K&M mechanism for smooth running. The second one is a Lloyds Kit of Australia. Its is a General Electric UM118. The third is a Lima EMD/Clyde ML-2, that is awaiting a new drive for smooth running. The ML-2 is the first one that will be repainted. I hope you have found these engines interesting!:)

Attachments

• oip0.jpg
    oip0.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 149

Jorge

Mar 3, 2003
New York
Visit site
Hello Tyson.

I got some more neat stuff on the way. I am getting three more engines custom made. Since the models are still in the shop here are pics of the real ones. The first one is a General Motors GR12.

Attachments

• antifogasta%20%26%20bolivia%20gr12%20%231405.jpg
    antifogasta%20%26%20bolivia%20gr12%20%231405.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 127

Jorge

Mar 3, 2003
New York
Visit site
Hello Dick.

The reason I collect export ALCO's, GE's and EMD's is because I work for the New York Susquehanna and Western in northwestern New Jersey and have become very bored collecting the same engines I see at work everyday.

pjb

Dec 21, 2000
Visit site
HELJAN version

NYC , NYNH&H, and later MetroNorth ,ConnDOT had/have similar steel bar protection since engineer was killed by objects thrown into the open cut from Park Avenue near Tremont Avenue in the Bronx.
That double ender and related prototypes are sold by HELJAN. There was also marketted I believe , in an other model, a MÆRKLIN/TRIX version. HELJAN , that does not market rolling stock in North America , has the unit in a fantasy Great Northern burnt orange and green original " Empire Builder "scheme ifor sale in Norway , Sweden , elsewhere in Europe.

pjb

Dec 21, 2000
Visit site
Jorge:
I noticed in MÆRKLIN"S current catalog on MICRO MACRO MUNDO's website they will be selling a Gt.Northern version of the Swedish double ender . You would need a TRIX version , since it is DC powered , but it probably will be cheaper than purchasing from Sweden.

With respect to bars, for Bronx operating locos, there is vast number of both model rail and marine etchings with suitable lattice or bar structures available. Some made for that same purpose , others easily adaptable to it.
Good-Luck, PJB