Latest 0n30 scratchbuild

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by shamus, Aug 18, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Here's my woodcutters shed, found one similar to this whilst surfin the web and liked it a lot, so I built one.

2. camelot

camelot Member

ya fooled me for a minute , i thought this was a picture of a model you made, but you have gone and posted a picture of the real thing:D

geez you must think us guys are stupid :D :D :D :D :D

3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Real nice Paul. Even down to the wood pile and bunny. If it wasn't for the plastic guy, I would swear it was a real shed.

What type of tweezers do you use?
  5. belg

belg Member

Shamus another great addition to your new layout. I'm wondering if you could explain the gauge your modeling ON3? Does that mean all the scenery and trains are O and run on N scale tracks? Where does the #3 come into play?
  6. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Belg,
    0n30 is the scale I am into, not 0n3 which is slightly different again in track width.

It is 0 gauge running on H0 gauge track but the ties are wider apart. My track is 0-16.5.

The 30 stands for 30" gauge or as Model Railroader say's 2.5 meaning 2'-6" (Which is 30" anyway)

7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

VERY NICE Paul!!!
  8. interurban

interurban Active Member

Nice Shamus, I see ya like this scale:D
  9. belg

belg Member

Shamus was I right about the size of your scenery being O scale?
  10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Yes my friend, all the scenery/structures/rolling stock/people are 0 gauge, which means I have a hell of a lot more bigger trees to make now. ANY OFFERS !!
  11. grlakeslogger

grlakeslogger Member

Shamus, how did you color/weather the siding and, especially, the porch? They look GREAT !!!:cool:
  12. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi grlakeslogger
    Thanks all.
    I first of all stained the wood with Antique Pine, then when it was almost dry I scraped a knife down each plank and weathered it with chalks.

13. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

Amazing as usual!

I hope that you've added the "terrain" with a photo editor. Or is that modeled too?