Latest 0n30 report

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Sep 6, 2003.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Here's some shots of the 2 scratchbuilt bridges, along with some wayside structures.

2. belg

belg Member

Shamus I was wondering if you had in the past posted a how to to create the bark look on the logs? I use my saw and scrape but don't like this to much in nscale.
  3. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished scene.
    Have you done a thread or can you give a link to how the mountains are made. I presume it's some type of hard-shell.
    Looks great.
  4. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi, and thanks.

For all my scenery mountains I use interlaced card covered with brown parcel tape, thats what you are seing now. Later I shal go over the lot with undercoat plaster to create the rock effect.

To create the bark effect, I simply use a heavy rasp to make the bark effect.

5. That's going to be a great looking scene when done, Shamus. Looking forward to seeing the end result.
  6. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Looks to me like you're having fun with O scale. Eagerly await the updates of your work.
  7. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Great job Paul.
  8. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Pete, well I went and did it, I took the shay cab off.(What a job and a half) anyway, I scratchbuilt the new early box Class "A" shay body for it.

Attached Files:

9. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Paul, that A-class Shay looks fantastic!

So does the rest of your growing layout. I'm glad you are back at modeling at full strength. :)

10. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

That's not A-Class....

THAT'S A+++ CLASS!!!!
    ;) ;) :D :D