Last Day to Get Something Done this Year Take a Break

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

First again! Coffee and tea is ready. Also I have some sweet things. I brought along some eggs and bacon but I can’t stick around to cook today.

The weird weather continues. The current temperature is in the low forties and we are supposed to go up to sixty. Rain is coming, however, which means the Mummers Parade in Philadelphia will most likely be moved to Saturday.

I finished decaling and sealing the LNE boxcar last night. I started painting some wheels and trucks also. I even began assembling a Bev-Bel/Athearn Peavy Grain covered hopper. I had to add some weight to it so I am waiting for the glue that I used to secure the BB’s I used. Tonight I hope to assemble the LNE boxcar and the grain hopper and begin weathering them and the Mantua tanker.

Now if I can only shake this cough I have come down with. I wish people who are sick would stay home and stop coming in the office and infecting everyone else.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Happy New Year!!!

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Morning all! Thanks for the coffee Tom. I will fix the eggs if anyone wants some. Temp here is 38F. Forcast is cloudy, but according to the weather map light rain and maybe mixed stuff is headed our way. I hope not:mad: The snow I don't mind is when it changes to freezing rain.

Didn't get any modeling done last night - bowling nite. Probably won't tonight either, we have the two younger boys for tonight. Then take them back tomorrow - 2 hr drive each way to get them. Maybe next year;)

All of you have a good day and a safe night tonight and

:D :D Happy New Year!:D :D

If you party hardy, please don't drink and drive - somebody does care - call a cab or have a sober friend drive. But of course all of us are over that stage in our life. hehehe;)

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
good morning Tom and Ac,

Quiet day yesterday, taking down the trees and decorations. Still have some more to do today. Coffee sounds good to take the chill off.

I second the drink and drive thought of ac's. We are too good of a family to lose someone to carelessness. It's okay to have fun but let someone else drive you home.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Godmorgen!

Cold and rainy here in cobblers knob.

I am starting the new year out right by ordering a new loco, some of you have hear it three times already, but I'm just moist with anticipation! The Danish DSP, so discussed under HO | Danish Model. Tom Fassett was so kind as to think of me when he spotted one at his LHS, and he even got the price contact info and tested it! Thanks Tom!

First rev of the new track plan is up, and I need to get a single main line rev up ASAP and decide which way to go.

Happy New Year to all!

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
We're under a flash flood and tornado watch for the rest of the day...looks like some bad weather is headed our way.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

BTW...If Woody will make a post here real soon he will be the first for 2003...Its already Jan. 1 in his part of the world!!:D

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
Late good morning to all! We've got ice coating everything up here...... a good day to stay in and get some work done on the layout........ that is, if I can stay off the Gauge and out of the chatroom! :D :D :D

A Safe, Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year to everyone!

Dick

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Mornin',
It's the last day of the year! Happy New Year!!! Tomorrow, being the first day of the new year, is the day to start observing the traditional "resolutions",............ by breaking them!
I've reached an age where, perhaps I should make a resolution that I know I can keep. That is, to live each day for whatever it brings. To find something that brings a little happiness, and savor that moment, then go on to the next, for as many moments as I can have.
I will not fear the terrorist bombs, when planning my travel, any more than I would fear going outside in a wind, that might cause a tree branch to fall on me.
I will not fear the drunk driver, any more than I would fear getting skin cancer from going out in the sun.
I will not fear my heighbor's guns, any more than I fear being struck by lightning.
I will not live my life, in fear!

I will wish for all, understanding, acceptance, success, education, life experience, and self improvement. May your family, friends, hobby, and work, bring satisfaction, and joy.
Happy New Year!
Pete