Large scale paper cars

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by nikischutt, Mar 21, 2009.

1. nikischutt

nikischutt New Member

I'm struggling to find decent large scale (1:8, 1:10) paper cars. Anyone know of any good places?

2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Larger Car Models

Yes, Niki,
    I know of one good supplier,

Try Betexa in The Czech Republic - click 'Technical Models' in the upper menu in this link:

There are some very fine car models in 1:18th scale there - I bought the Bugatti model some time ago. It is stunning!

Bengt :thumb:
  3. zealousy

zealousy Member

Why not scale up an already existing smaller car? You can do it in Photoshop. Maybe there's an easier way to upscale.
  4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Very true, Viraj,

I you have Photoshop CS, up-scaling is a piece of cake, with a JPEG, GIF or TIF image.
    With a PDF file, you can print any scale with good resolution, as long as you have a larger printer.

Bengt :thumb:
  5. zealousy

zealousy Member

Even .pdf files can be opened in Photoshop CS. Although you can only open one page at a time. You can import it with a higher dpi for better results and later save it into a popular graphic format or even .pdf.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Betexa has larger scaled models.

If you can find them TLModels have an assortment of 1:10 scale cars. I actually had the chance to buy 2 GT90's so the chances of finding and buying one is good.
  7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Yes, I have also opened a lot of PDFs in Photoshop CS. I do that when I need to change something in a PDF model or when I want to alter the colors or contrast.

/Bengt :thumb:
  8. zealousy

zealousy Member

Even more Bengt..I recently added new alloy wheels, head lamps, tail lamps and other smaller details to a model I'm working on. Once you open the document in PS, you can add more realistic graphics very easily.
  9. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

I dont wanna raise another copyright stink, but where does that site get its models? has anyone purchased the Space Shuttle model from them?

the site images look exactly like the fortezza shuttle (i built 6 of these for my son and his friends), page count is exactly the same too. :(

suspected original

can someone else who built it take a look?

edit: I only ask because the original is a freely availably download from the authors site.