Large scale Imperial Warships

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Choir music Final! That sure brings back memories. You get nervous and your voice goes up an octave! We used to have to perform outside concerts, in Winter, in Connecticut! It sounded like the whole Choir developed a vibrato! I would pile up so much clothes under that robe, I could camp in it. All I needed was a stick to convert the robe into a tent! I used to love singing Handel's Messiah. I had to switch tween Tenor and Bass. Based on who didn't show up. Lots of fun. Choir was loaded with chicks too, which made it even more fun.
  2. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Heh, I'm a baritone myself. :thumb: Our final will sure be fun: we'll be singing Christmas carols at the mall, in the main atrium. After that, our director will be giving us an hour to hang out before we head back home. I do have to work, but there's nothing saying I can't bring my laptop and do some unfolding while I wait in my little office to get called out. :cool:
  3. F131

F131 Member

Not difficult, huh? I feel like a feeb.
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Well, I've already had two semesters of the stuff before this, the final semester. So I have confidence that my score will be good. Not *great* (dammit Jim, I'm a modeler, not a mathematician!), but good enough that I can get into my last class, Engineering Physics II.

Good news, everyone! :mrgreen:

I completed my finals today and will restart the unfold process. I'm going to finish the Imperial I Star Destroyer next, then move on to the Venator (the Victory II can wait; I promised another modeler I would unfold the Venator for him ASAP).

I hope to get several of these ships done by Christmas. I'll be releasing whatever I've got unfolded on December 24, 12:00 PM local time, as my Christmas gift to all of you following this project, and as a way to keep you interested in the rest of the project. :thumb:
  5. F131

F131 Member

My inner child is rejoicing. Congrats on surviving your finals. I don't miss those days one bit.
  6. Millenniumfalsehood

Cue the Imperial March: The Imperial I class Star Destroyer is complete! :mrgreen:

Next up: Venator class Star Destroyer. :cool:
    Sabbat81 likes this.
  7. montee916

montee916 New Member

Dude, that looks gorgeous! Can't wait to get my hands on it and try out the build. :mrgreen:
  8. Amazing, one more reason I can't wait until Christmas!
  9. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Sweet! Great job MF!
  10. Millenniumfalsehood

Thanks guys! :mrgreen:

I finished the Venator, in three flavors:

Republic -

Imperial -

Rebel -

Next up: the Victory II Star Destroyer :cool:
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Very nice.
  12. Tirick

Tirick Member

Awesome, the Venator is one of the better designs to come out of the 'new' trilogy.

13. Millenniumfalsehood

Got another Star Destroyer finished: the Victory II class Star Destroyer

Next up: Acclamator class Assault Ship
    wm228 likes this.
  14. can

can some one from the HELL

if you done please put it up

15. Millenniumfalsehood

Check earlier in the thread: I'm releasing the finished ships on Christmas Eve at midnight.

I'm having a devil of a time with this little part on the end of the tail on the Acclamator. I just cannot wrap my head around how it unfolds, which is a shame because this is a great model of that ship. I'll have to put it aside for now until I can figure it out (I'll probably tinker with it, though).

I'm going to switch gears and do the Immobilizer-418 Interdictor.
  16. blueyeppoon

blueyeppoon Member

These are amazing! I have to add them to my must do list
  17. F131

F131 Member

One of your ISD models (or 2) is going here!

Attached Files:

18. Millenniumfalsehood

It'll probably look a heck of a lot better than that old AMT model. I've built two of those kits, and after I get this one assembled and on my shelf (along with all the other Imperial ships) I'm *never* building one again.

Unless I'm just in one of those "polish-a-turd" type moods. :wink:

Man . . . I've been really swamped at work. I'm a photographer at a jet engine repair and refurbishment facility, and everyone is trying to get caught up for the Christmas break. I find that as soon as I sit back down at my desk, another guy has called me out to photograph an engine, then another one. I haven't even touched the Interdictor. But I will get it done eventually. It's a simple model, one I can probably do in an afternoon, so I'll work on it on Friday or Saturday. This way I can get all the wedge-shaped ships done before the 25th, minus the Acclamator. I doubt I'll get that finished before Christmas.
  19. arkon

arkon Member

hey man, whenever you get some of these posted is fine by me ,dont worry about a deadline, just do em when you can and we shall all enjoy it . really lookin forward to the interdicter.
  20. Tirick

Tirick Member

I scratchbuilt myself a pair of 1:10,000 scale Impstars (as well as an Interdictor and a Victory) a few years ago out of plasticard, and after it was done I realized how horrible the scale/detail was on the Ertl kit. I'd known how bad the Falcon was, but before then I'd always thought the ISD was good... Ugh.

Once you have these up I might try to print a few out to 1:10,000 so I can have some ships to go with those two.

Thanks for sharing these mate,