large model

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by afleck, Aug 29, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

2. bigtom

bigtom Member

The super sized sr-71 and 104 do need a bit of reenforcement, but the version of the 71 that I am building now is only 4 ft long and is very strong..

I have been dealing with too much work and got stalled but I will take some pictures this weekend.
  3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I'm building the submarine from a japanese movie "Deguchi", and it turned big... about 2 feet long.
    The files are here, but be aware that they are being uploaded on a calendar basis. You can also follow this thread and in there you can find also the link to the files
  4. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

5. mbauer

mbauer Cardstock Model designer

Sr71 & F104

The 6ft long SR71 was built to test fit the parts for the smaller version that BigTom mentions (4'). I found by printing at a large scale all of the misfit problems show up rather quickly.

For now the 4' long SR71 will be the longest I'll market. I have a 6' Long F104 that will soon be on hte market. A few more adjustments to make.

A freebie download of the F104 and SR71 are on this forum-Caution:Hot rodding paper airplanes is addictive
    They are smaller versions PDF that will fit 8.5"x11" 90-110# cardstock.

The 4' model is printed on 2'x3' sheets of 125# cardstock. It will one day be marketed as a kit.

I use Springhill Index (110#) and Springhill Tag 125# for my models.

I haven't been doing any work on them lately due to a couple of things, one of which is an injury.

Hope this helps on the questions of what cardstock and where to find bigger models.

Best regards,
    Mike Bauer
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Large Paper Aircraft for Flight

How about a large airliner?

One that could perhaps be driven with FOUR CO2-engines, if properly installed?
    I was thinking of Bob Bendorf´s Boeing 707, also available from Jon Leslie´s site:
    Print it (if you have the printer) on a larger size than Letter size (A3 equivalent - that´s 297 x 420 mm metric size)

Or, if you´d like something a little slower, some of the LARGE models provided for free at Fiddlers Green (like the Piper J-3 Cub or the Colditz Escape Glider) printed on large size sheets of heavy card. Some of these models have been quite successfully electric powered - check it out on the Fiddlersgreen-Forum, in the "Build ´em to really fly"-section:
    There are new brushless micro electric motor that are very small and light in weight but delivers a lot of power. Driven by lightweight LithiumPolymer battery packs.

As the saying goes in the new Flyboys trailer: "The sky is the limit"

Good luck with your XLarge plane projects,
    Bengt :grin: