Landscape progress pics, a gorge in HO....

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Here is the module with no paint.... I alway think landscaping at this point looks a little eery. The colors of the embedded material matter not.... the next step will be 1.) spray paint various primer colors, b.) wash on some latex earth tones and add ground foam and trees. (still gotta make the trees)

amr.sized.jpg

CHEERS

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
EngineerKyle:wave:, looks like you are off to a great start!:thumb: i am VERY anxious to see how the same location looks finished;). THANKS!:D -Deano

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Thanks for the kind words Deano.... Per your request, here is the same shot with some paint, ground foam and clear gloss.

I still plan on adding trees, and I see power lines crossing this gorge as well. I don't want utility poles following the valley's contour, however. Anyone have any ideas?

amx.sized.jpg

... and one more shot with the bridge. I still gotta beef up the bridge.

amv.sized.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's shaping up very nicely! The fallen tree, rocks, weeds, and different colors of ground cover give it texture and depth. As for the power lines...I guess a tall tower in the middle would carry those lines from one end of the gorge to another...not sure if you want a big ol' tower in the middle of that scene though....

Ralph

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Thanks guys....

Here's the finished product;

Bridge and gorge

amy.sized.jpg

bg1

amz.sized.jpg

bg2

ana.sized.jpg

bg3

anb.sized.jpg

I guess it will be completely finished when I have it slipped onto the layout itself. Thanks for taking a peek, and the kind words!

EngineerKyle

Oct 3, 2005
Troy MI
Hi Steve...

Thats some HEAVY duty corrugated steel retaining walls. A factory wall will sit above it some day. I'm sure it's not to scale. Oh well.....

It's school bulletin board border material in "real life"

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
In the picture before you added the bridge support I was thinking "there's no way he's talking ME into driving across that ... "

Good work!