Laminating cardstock

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by lairdre, May 27, 2008.

1. lairdre

lairdre Member

I was wondering what everyone uses for laminating cardstock? I have been using permanent glue stick. It is acid-free, and doesn't have a lot of moisture in it. I also don't have a problem with printed surfaces pealing off as the model ages. Does anyone have something they consider better?
  2. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

What is the application?

1. For laminating small part, front to back pieces, either Aleen's Tacky or Sobo glue are excellent.'

2. For laminating vellum to heavy cardstock, say for bulkheads, I use 3m Super 77 spray adhesive. It will never come loose.

3. For laminating cardstock for thickness; I don't. I use LetraMax 2000 mechanical board which is dimensionally stable and does not delaminate unless I cause it to do so. It comes in 1mm thickness and can be delaminated to a thinner size. Get it

4. For laminating LetraMax to form curves (see my Hunley build) or increased card thickness, I use good ole Elmer's School Glue and some pressure.

Hope this helps.
  3. sakrison

sakrison Member

I use Aileen's Tacky Glue for small parts and an AVERY glue stick for larger stuff.