Lamborghini Concept in PAPER?

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Card Modeler Lounge' started by McGee, Oct 10, 2013.

1. McGee

McGee Newbie

announce1Hello everyone....calling all ambitious card modelers. I found this link tonight while trying to post exotic car and Lamborghini lineage pics to a friend's FB tonight.
    The car is amazing looking. A return to the more masculine, clean linear hard line wedge shapes, and lends itself perfectly to an incredible and strong conversation piece as a paper model.
    I have no paper model design or engineering skills, but I WILL build this baby if someone wants to tackle it.
  2. McGee

McGee Newbie

This definitely harkens back to the older Bertone and Italdesign concepts and lines of the 80s supercars.
  3. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Member

Thank you for sharing! That looks great, and it's so reminiscent of the Stratos Zero.
  4. McGee

McGee Newbie

I agree. A bit beefier big brother version of the Zero.
  5. inky

inky Member

You might try sending a message to Taras Lesko from Visualspice, he has designed some nice Lambo's and might design this one.
  6. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

I guess you are all Lambo fans. I find these cars that seem to practice angles and planes devoid and emotionless. My own personal opinion, that being said, I think because of those same reasons, it lends itself to paper well. :)
  7. McGee

McGee Newbie

Zathros, I do love the lamborghini lineage, and I think the later designs like the countach and post countach designs because of their linear clean smooth planes and lines, lend themselves to easily engineered paper modeling designs. But I have to honestly say that If I could have my choice of any car, and the ones I really gravitate towards are the cars like a 1967 A/C Cobra 427, or 1963 split window Stingray, or even a '65-'67 Stingray, a 49' drop top mercury led sled, or a '68 R/T hemi Charger.
    Honestly the list of cars I drool over is pretty extensive and covers a pretty broad scope of designs and lines and aesthetics, so I completely agree with you as well, in your appreciation for autos of a completely different feel and look, than the lamborghini's wedge like shapes provide.
  8. McGee

McGee Newbie

Inky, thank you very much. I definitely will.