Lamb Industries

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Lamb Industries located at Tayside is named after Barbara Lamb, NARA member #6
The main production of this factory is grain handling equipment for port use.
They also maintain existing machinery. The bridge over the tracks to the grain elevators is used to move equipment easily back and forth.
With changes in the industry and new technology, the factory has become far more efficient and doesn't require all the space it used to so Barb will lease out space. Just call her at 905 9999.
There is an expected slow down in grain movement this year as the United States government is giving huge subsidies to American farmers. These farmers need all the help they can get but at the same time, the Canadian government can't give anywhere close to the American subsidies so everyone at Tayside is gearing down for a slow down in exports of Canadian grown wheat.
A strong marketing program may help but time will tell.

This structure came from my imagination and is built of my favourite material, cereal box cardboard. Now if you want to know where all this cardboard comes from, I have been saving empty boxes for years knowing I would be needing them at some time.

Attachments

• li1.jpg
    li1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 242

Tyson Rayles

Another great story and great building Robin! :cool: I was wondering when you would get around to honoring NARA's only lady member! :D The sad part is alot of that story (about the subsidies) is true. :(

very nice ,you are going have to do "how to on that"so us amatures know how and with my boys I would never run out of building materiel rich:p

shamus

Registered Member
Nice looking structure Robin, any chance of wool being shipped over to the Badger Creek some time. :D

Matthyro

Rory and Rich, I draw the windows using MS paint. Cut them out and glue them on the back of the window cutouts. You can see how I do that at the NARA site and go to the how to section and I show the making of the Cater Casket Co which includes widows.

Shamus, will the wool be used to pull over your eyes?
I hadn't planned a sheep farm yet but could have some from a small general farm that I will be creating.

Matthyro

Here is what NARA is about Rich
The North American Rail Alliance or NARA for short is a group of people worldwide modeling the North American rail scene.

At this point in time NARA has members in Australia,the United States,Canada,England,France,and Sweden.

We are a multiscale group consisting of both Freelance and Prototype modelers.The one and only rule is that you model North American railroading.

You don't have to be a member to visit the NARA page and take advantage of what it offers but we would love to have you and others as members. The best part of all is that it's free.

thanks robin just got your e-mail and I realy injoyed the site I guess I can't yell at my boys for eatting all the ceral now need all the building material I can get my hands on:D rich