Lake Minnetonka Interurban

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by hudsonelectric, Mar 19, 2004.

1. This is an interesting 'dual-view' postcard from circa 1915 or so. It's postmarked, but there's no date. This must have been an interurban line that ran between Minneapolis and St. Paul. Nice rataan flip-over seats. New to my collection.

Attached Files:

2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Cool! Notice the ads above the windows. I wouldn't have thought they'd be doing that as early as 1915, but obviously they were.

When I see something like this it makes me long for an O-scale trolley layout.

3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Very nice postcard indeed. :thumb:
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Neat! Thanks for sharing that :)

Go for it Val! You can have two :D
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Very nice Russ.
    How about some more please;) :)
  6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

There is a street car much like that running as a tourist attraction at Minneapolis' Lake Harriet. Its a short run operated by the MN Transportation Museum. Fun, and nicely restored. They're much roomier than I'd imgained!
  7. Okay, Chris, here they are! Here's a Rochester, NY streetcar line-up.

Attached Files:

8. And what would we think of ouorselves as traction fans if we didn't include the North Shore 'Lectro Liners?

Attached Files:

9. This is an interior shot of the New Orleans Public Service Oak Street car barn taken in the early 80s when I lived around the corner.

Attached Files:

10. AND a parting shot of a Connecticut Co. car at the trolley museum in East Haven, CT.

Attached Files:

11. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

neat cards:thumb:
    here is a pic on the Electroliner:D
  12. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

here is redone as the Red Arrow lines Libertyliners:D
  13. interurban

interurban Active Member

I am all of a quiver:D :thumb:
    And drooling like mad:p
    Thanks for that delightful power surge:thumb:
  14. Hey, Jim...

Very sharp photos! Note that the marker light bracket holders are evident in the postcard, but the markers are mounted in your photo! Very cool looking...the 'streamlined' and the 'old time' together! :thumb:

Russ :sleeping:
  15. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Wow! I love that Electroliner!!!! A real streamlined beauty!