LADEE spacecraft

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by modelmaker 2001, Sep 2, 2013.

1. modelmaker 2001

modelmaker 2001 New Member

Does anyone know of a paper model of the LADEE spacecraft that is scheduled to be launched Friday night?
  2. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

3. modelmaker 2001

Thank you, Zathros. I actually work at NASA but I'd like to assemble a paper model for myself and possibly one that I could give out to people, too.
  4. zathros

If you could offer some some detailed 3 way drawings, I am sure someone would become interested in doing such a thing. Send me a P.M. if you want to discuss if further. :)
  5. modelmaker 2001

I'll see what I can pick up this afternoon. I'm going to a LADEE pre-launch party today at NASA and someone should have some good drawings/photos, technical info, etc. I'll let you know what I come back with!
  6. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Awwh, this model is superb for being modeled in SketchUp!!!! I would do it if I hadn't got so many projects running at the same time..! wall1

Try to get as many clean pictures as possible; maybe you can get an official 3D model for unfolding.
  7. zathros

If he comes back with the right drawings, it could make for an easier model to design. :)
  8. RocketmanTan

RocketmanTan Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of doing my own LADEE soon, though I'm not sure if I can handle all the instrumentation which dots the ship D: