Lad-N-Dad Short Sunderland

deckape

HELLO FELLOW MODLERS

I have here from a good friend that sent me a electronic attached fly model of the Short Sunderland Flyingboat. It is on a zip file compressed. I already have it loaded on a CD rom, I am going to take it to a printer to have it on paper so I can build it. My main question is when I take it to the printer will it be in the same scale the model was designed in. the kit is 1:33 scale what is the wingspan to this kit. can they scale it up to the scale it is suppose to be in. On my Adobe reader the plane looks rather small compared to the scale it suppose to be, I was just wondering when I take it to the printer will it come out the scale the sunderland suppose to be in. I am new to this electronic jazz I usually take my plans to a printer to have them blown up but this all to new to me so anyone out there can give some info on this I would be most greatfull

Thanks
Franklyn Day
Retired U.S. NAVY BMC:wave:

paulhbell

As far as I can tell, fly model don't use 'files' for there models. They are sold in book form, so you have a copy/pirated model.

This is a legit forum, we don't promote or build pirated models.

Reasons
1: takes money of designers, if designers don't make money thay won't design. Although there are some great free model designers out in the internet land.

2: the quality is usually crap when they are scanned, better to try and buy an original book.

As you have only got 6 posts and a newbee to the forum, as I type this, it maybe a genuine mistake on your behalf.

cgutzmer

Its NOT fly model - its lad-n-dads version. I should know - I sent it to him in exchange for pics ;)

This model is 1:48 and you need to rescale it to 1:33 you will need to have it printed on larger paper or manually move things around and resize them. The % change escapes me right now and I HATE math.....
Chris

paulhbell

Also using the scalecalc program, up-scaleing from 1/48 to 1/33, you will need to print 1.4545 times bigger, 145% bigger.

cgutzmer

Yep - I know you are cautious paul and given he said fly model it made sense to think it was fly model heh heh

Thanks for the conversion!
Chris

paulhbell

I didn't know you had a sunderland on ecard Chris, when you posted that it was a lad and dad model, I went straight across and bought it. I'm a bit burn't out on my current builds, Alfonso's ISS and Jule's Optimus prime, I need a break from them. Something totally different and this sunderland and one of Gary Philsworth's planes are the way to go (Lancaster), I think.

deckape

paulthbell
I,m sorry I didn,t know I wasn,t thinking I got this copy from a friend of mine about a week ago. I down loaded it on a CDrom, All in fairness the CDrom has been destroyed and the files have been deleted from my computor, I understand it wouldn,t be fair to you or any designers that are trying to make a buck. So no harm is done a lesson Learned If I want a fly kit I will buy one I will get the Lad and Dads Sunderland and give it a stab. Franklyn