La Patrouille de France!

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Dragos, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I agree with fiddling with actual files that have had security in place. If the author intended the file to be 'non-editable' then non-editable is should remain. So in this idea I agree with Ojimak no matter how over the top his response was. but....

No model is 'uneditable'. So say I downloaded his plane and printed it. Then scanned the prints and took the scans and rebuilt the model from scratch then that's my choice and my effort. What's to say this wasn't the case where Dragos did just that?

Sorry but you cannot lock paper hard copies at all. Also using such edits for your own use as long as you do not distribute them should be acceptable. Like Texastubaman said... if your not building it 100% bang on as the designer intended you shouldnt be punished for it.

Take a look at Kamaboko's paper models. Your gonna find pictures of almost all his releases recolored and even reengineered. It's flatery in the purest form.

I think Ojimak may be a little over the top with his reaction. In my opinion. Since I am quite fond of repaints... I am going to delete all my downloads from him and personally not go on his site anymore.

Thanks Ojimak but ... no thanks.

2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I too have been in contact with Ojimak regarding this situation.

He does understand there was no malicious intent in Dragos' work and as stated in posts below, will soon reopen his page for downloads.

His website does state "All Rights Reserved" and that does include recoloring his models. He has all rights to his models. As Jim stated, Ojimak locks his releases to prevent tampering of the designs. This we should respect in this public forum.

As a designer myself, I would be a little upset if someone took one of my designs and changed the look of it to the point it was no longer identifiable as mine. So I can understand Ojimak's position.

In the future, I and the rest of us in power here will be watching things a little closer. We need to remember that as I type these words, they are available for anyone to read on this great planet with access to the internet. Their laws and customs are different from those I have come to respect in my part of the world. However, I do need to respectful of the laws and customs in Japan, Thailand, Australia, South Africa, Italy, Germany, Poland, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Vanuatu or anywhere else on Earth, just as I am of those where I am now. We all do...
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I am going to keep all of the models I have downloaded. One of the reasons is that paper models disappear from the web all the time. I have printed models for my sons friends to build and play with. My computer is a library for my son and his friends. Basically, Ojimak, if you read this, I think your paper models are really nice, a lot of variety. They can be educational as they represent part of history. Realistically, the "Cat is out of the bag", if you were so worried about the way they might be used you should not release them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.