L-29 Delphin "Tigermeet" by Modelart

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Nov 5, 2006.

1. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Awesome build, and that vacuforming tutorial is great! That's a truly distinctive plane, sure to be an eye catcher!

2. GT5500

GT5500 Member

That build is so clean and the lines of that plane are so gorgeous:-D
  3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Guys thanks one and all, Carl if we can somehow link the mini tutorial on vacuforming to the appropriate parts to this thread, that would be good, I don't quite know how because I'm barely computer literate. Also I've seen some threads where all the pics were up when you posted instead of links, and even better, they were able to write a paragraph, have a picture then write some more all in one posting. If someone would explain in "apples and oranges" type of explanation I'd do it. Anyways, now for the next project....
  4. GT5500

GT5500 Member

For the photo's the easist thing to do is to make a folder in the forums gallery, then upload the pictures. You will then get a link which you insert in your thread and like magic the pictures appear, I'll put one up for you.
  5. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Here you go :-D
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

That is REALLY nice - super looking build. You do realize you built nearly that entire plane in the time its taken me to build the wings on mine and start on the tail assembly... I better get hoppin!
  7. GT5500

GT5500 Member

I know its mad, I can build plane in the same time it looks like paper mache at the end of it :-D
  8. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

trying to link a photo sorry if this ends up in someelses area!

Attached Files:

9. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Nicely done. Quite an eye-catching model.
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Ted............... Amazing work as usual! Your attention to detail and execution of the build is wonderful!

Pray tell........... where do you keep you completed models?

11. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

John, it is probably crazy as anything else, but the models I've built that have survived, end up on work benchs and shelves in the basement, exposed to all types of dust and stuff. As a matter of fact I was moving my GPM Seahawk and a huge cricket had taken residence in the cockpit. I shooed it away and placed the thing "higher up " on the shelves. Some are on a shelf in my study, on desks, on the kid's desks (in pieces of course), some were gifts. I thought about a neat thread or 2; one, do you still have your first paper model? and 2, do you have an island of misfit/unbuilt models?
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Well Ted............ actually my answer is YES to both questions.

First model FG Skyray........ and Lots of 1/2 to 3/4 finished birds on my desk right now. Re-coloring does that to a person!

Have you checked with your local library? Your pieces are too good NOT to share with the public. They might be able to put them on display, and pull names to give them away if you didn't want them back. It could be a wonderful way to introduce someone to the hobby.