KV1 Tank

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by the4ce, May 7, 2009.

1. the4ce

the4ce Member

A KV1 tank I assembled, it was designed by Vladimir from the forum. It is 4,5cm long and I made it in 5-10 hours with all the details.

I wonder if I should make the tracks like the real ones not just plain texture...

For more photos go here: flickr
    Download here: KV1 tank

Attached Files:

2. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Great looking model! I see you picked the "Kill Fascist Foul" markings. This really has a great look for a model this scale and you've done a wonderful job on it. Congratulations.
  3. Janx

Janx Member

Agreed, looks great, doesn't look like it's a tiny model!
  4. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Nicely done! Of course, you really should make the tracks like the real ones. :p
  5. the4ce

the4ce Member

Thank you everyone!

The problem with the tracks is that I glued them with plastic glue and I don't know how to take them off without destroying the hull.
  6. zakopious

zakopious Member

You have two options:
    1. make a second tank with the realistic track.
    2. be satisfied with the first tank and start a new project.

I use my models for wargames so I would choose option #2 because my models are seen from a distance so the track would make little difference in appearance.
  7. the4ce

the4ce Member

Maybe I will leave it this way...wargames? I was thinking of making models for such games, but I don't know the rules from them or how do they work.
  8. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I was just kidding about the tracks. Unless you're a masochist leave well enough alone.
  9. zakopious

zakopious Member

10. the4ce

the4ce Member

Thanks for the links!