Kristoffersson Sea Food processing plant

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
This is my latest structure and is located at the fishing harbour end of the Tayside port on my M.A.T. railroad. It is named after my friend Helge in Sweden who was good enough to invest in my layout and now enjoys fresh salmon from his plant.
eba00157592f00000028.jpg

A close up.
eba00157592f00000027.jpg

Sailing by.
eba00157592f00000030.jpg

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Very nice! I came that close (finger held very close together) to putting in a harbor on my layout, but decided that it wasn't practical for the particular track plan. You and the others with your fancy harborside buildings are making me wish I had! :)

-Rory

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
OK...cue the tape with the sea gull sounds...:D
Very nice Robin!
Very nice workmanship!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Excellent workmanship Robin, how extraordinarily similar to my seafood’s, mine was scratchbuilt from a photo of an FSM structure. However, yours is absolutely superb, good work friend.
Here's mine for the comparison.

Attachments

• don03.jpg
    don03.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 157

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
You are right Shamus my friend. Yours is much closer to the picture of that HO kit. I had to fit mine into its location so just used the picture as a guide. Yours has some more detailing that still has to be added to mine

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hey Robin,
Would you mind if the Leigh Foods plant, on my 4 Sisters Branch, became a customer? They're wanting to put out a line of canned clam chowder. "Made with Genuine Tayside Clams"
Let me know what you think!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Thanks Robin!
I think the plant can handle it...(that is, if the lazy-%$#@@! builder will just get a move-on with the construction! :D )

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Charlie, here is a sample clam.

These clams will travel on the "CLAM EXPRESS" from Tayside across Canada to Maberly then SW to Sarnia/Port Huron where there is an interchange between the M.A.T. and the GVR.
Catt will have to describe the route the GVR will take to the next interchange to get the clams to Kentucky

Attachments

• clam.jpg
    clam.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 97
C

Catt

Motive power is changed out to GVR locos then the "CLAM EXPRESS" runs in a westerly direction to Grand Rapids,MI.where it turns south to go to South Bend,Ind.

Charlie,How far into Indiana does the K&I go?Can we connect at South Bend?

C

Catt

Tyson,Robin and myself are co-founders of the North American Rail Alliance.Charlie is also a member.

What we are doing here is forming a network of railroads that run from Western Canada down through Michigan heading to the southern regions of the US.

Want to join? The only requirement is that you model North American railroading.:)There are no dues or any other fees. The only thing we ask is that if you have a website you display our banner.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
OH MY!!:eek:
I better get a work'n my OFXT. It would be right to assist. After all it runs Cleveland, OH on down to Southwest Florida, on standard runs. On occasion 'renting' track time on other places useful to us... I mean our clients. ;)
Anyways, there's still oyster/clam farms about. I think... ummm... I'm to tired to think!:confused: :rolleyes:

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
I'm definitely interested, Catt! But my little railroad is a fictional location. Maybe my Next Big Thing will run in "real" locations. I have several ideas for modelling a line in East Texas...

-Rory

C

Catt

What's your point Tyson? It is a North American railroad isn't it?:D You can either go to the NARA site or get Robin's email here at The Gauge.Your little railroad is very welcome in our group.:)

C

Catt

Guys,the North American Rail Alliance was started by two Freelancers.Does that tell you anything? Then we had two more Freelancers join us and it just growed from there.:D :D :D