Krawler Junction

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Hi all,

It's been awhile since I have posted. Lots of stuff going on here in my personal life which I will post over in the right section.

I have named my layout out krawler Junction and have started design work and have started to buy supplies. Not sure when I will start the bench work but it will be this summer sometime.

On with the description since I can't figure out the cad software*L*. Two benches joined "L shaped", main table is 8' x 32" second bench will be 6' x 32". Actually there will be a third bench but it will be for staging trains with no detail just cork and rail.

Main table will have a saw mill complex at one end and a farm at the other, between will have a stream. 6 feet of the table will have a hill/mountain as the backdrop.

Second table will be a down town area with track in the center of the table dividing the table in half length wise with several industries in the back ground.

Well tracks ahead is about to come on so I will post more in a little bit.

Krawler

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Ok, more info as of now. I have the Walthers Planing Mill kit with the other two kits on the way next month. That will be the gem of the layout for now.

I have rolling stock but I need to go thru and see what I'll be using and what I'll be displaying on shelves.

As I posted in the past road names are the ones within CSX and surrounding areas.

I am not going to do a "Era" fore say. But will not be mixing steam era and current equipment.

I am going with DCC, Prodigy2, after reading a lot, it seems like the best way to start and go.

I have questions about locating certain items for what I am doing detail wise but that will be another post on another day.

Feel free to comment and ask questions. I will be posting regularly to this thread.

Krawler

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
sounds like it will be pretty cool,but will it be mostly a switching layout or will it have continis run? and are the tables corner to cornr or is one behind the other in the corner?other than that i can see it appearing before my eyes....LOL--josh

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Hi bigsteel

The tables will form a L meeting in the corner, the farm will take up the corner area so there will no need to reach for anything. And as for track, it will be mainly switching for now. In another thread I had explained that this is only temp. room until I build a building down the road.

Krawler

Krawler

Mar 14, 2007
Got an update:

I ordered my Prodigy-Advance2 today. Along with two engines and some trees. I was going to buy more but time won't allow it so I will have to wait.

Krawler