Kooklik's Next Project

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by cdavenport, May 20, 2008.

1. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

This may seem presumptuous, but I thought as a tribute to his incredible design skills, it might be fun to come up with projects that only Kooklik could do; this, of course, after he finishes Big Boy.

My vote would be for a large scale model of Bejing's "Forbidden City." It's a fabulous structure that is full of color and detail.

Here's another: Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, "Seaview" submarine with a detailed interior.

My credit card is ready and waiting!!!
  2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Im hoping for a large Soyuz Rocket....Pretty simple, 4 x boosters....main core and Aerodynamic Shroud and you are off to the pad...

John John
  3. logicman

logicman Greybeard

4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

It's got to be an aircraft or a surface vessel, Kooklik had a sub, and a train. So I'd like to see something along those lines ^^

6. Fred Bultman

Fred Bultman Member

I vote for a three truck Shay. I know, its another train...
  7. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

How about the Boeing Sea Launch System including the Assembly and Command Ship, Launch Platform, and the Launch Vehicle. Looks about complicated enough to give Kooklik a slight challenge. :mrgreen:
  8. logicman

logicman Greybeard

9. kooklik

kooklik Member

Wow thanks alot of sugestions. I have many things want to do in paper model. For myself interest in narrow size with ton of details model (cause my small house). But after Bigboy I intend to release a model for free. I have not decided yet what it be. But I think it should be a popular object for youths. Hope it would help them to generate their inspirations to do bigger things.
  10. kooklik

kooklik Member

OH !! Billy This ONE !! I just saw it in Discovery Channel. Big mecha monster!!!
  11. 57townsman

57townsman Member

I think in order to be challenging, Kooklik needs something BIGGER. How about the German 80cm K(E) Railway Gun "Gustav" or "Dora"?

Probably too big for 1:25 scale (the barrel is over a 12" at 1:144 scale), perhaps 1:48?:mrgreen:
  12. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

How about something like the Nautilus or Captain Nemo's car from the movie League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? With your skills, either should be almost a vacation compared to the herculean tasks you've undertaken so far.
  13. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

How about a nice Fairmile D ( am I repeating myself, again)

Attached Files:

14. kooklik

kooklik Member

Do you mean this Nautilus? I love this sub.
  15. xadow

xadow Member

No, that is the one from disney.
    It's this one:
    and the car from the same movie:

How about this: :thumb::thumb:
  16. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I vote for Dora/Gustav or the Dozer!!

--Or any WWII Battleship
  17. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Bear H

Now, there's an idea worthy of Kooklik! It's a beast of an airplane and in 1:33 it would have a life of its own!

But, now, he is talking about something as a freebie to stimulate interest among younger modelers. I teach middle school science, 13 year old boys and girls and, for the life of me, I have no idea what interests them outside of sex, drugs, and rap (not rock 'n roll anymore).

So, what might be of interest to younger, would-be modelers? I am thinking something from a recent movie that has world-wide appeal: Bond 007, Indiana Jones, Marvel Comics-- how's about a detailed Iron Man? Halo is being turned into a movie; something mecha from that genre would be interesting.

What about one of the Ring Wraiths and its "dragon" from LOTR?

Oooh! What was the name of the Wolf battering ram in the last movie? That would be Waaaaay cool!
  18. xadow

xadow Member

And how about this:
    The argonath from LOTR

If anyone needs pics from the movies, i have the special extended edition of LOTR :thumb::thumb:
  19. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

--Games and Anime for the young! :D