KOODOOS to Ettiquette

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by silverw, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverw

silverw Member

Hi Pauhl...
    ... and thanks for your comments.

Pauhl wrote" ...I don't really agree with this idea, because it is good to see other user comments in the same thread. I do understand that some build threads do get very long, but it is easier to read one thread with the build and comments in the same place, instead of having to open two threads and trying to get the comments in order with the build."

BUT, look how easy it would be to reference the build thread...without disrupting it...

... Bill
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

But, now there is two threads open. And anybody looking would have to skip back and forth to get the threads dates from both threads matching. Sometimes comments are relating to a specific point in the build process and anyone interested would have to look at both threads. I know that it is not hard to open two threads, I just think it is easier to have the build and the comments in the same place. I think it should be up to the builder if he or she wanted comments in the original thread or start another thread for comments. If the builder wants comments on a different thread it would be easy for them to set up a reference (like you have just done) in the builder's first post and if this is not followed the comment posts could be deleted or moved to the comment post. That's why moderators are used.
    Don't mean to be picky but you have got my name wrong, it is paulhbell, not pauhl.
  3. silverw

silverw Member

Hi paulhbell,

Sorry for getting your name wrong. I'm getting old and just got new glasses. I probably have a bit of dyslexia, too!

BTW ... there's a good report on dyslexia here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Agreed, I find the two threads aomewhat annoying - now I have to hope that someone remembers to look at two threads about my build.... (pretending your first was a build thread)
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I'm confused. But that's nothing new. I am going back to the other thread, just to touch base.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.