Koerner Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Paragon, May 5, 2008.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I know its not the official Enterprise for the movie, which I suppose is good...but I still love this design. Is anyone currently planning to make a cardmodel of it? If not, I'd like to request it. For those not familiar:
    Index of /ent

I may make a model of it myself, using 1707 and 1701-A models to build upon, but I can't promise it will actually happen, or that the effect will be at all worthwhile.
  2. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Just bumping this, in case some of you didn't see it because of the database error.

I'm already making plans to modify a model to make this ship, so please let me know if its already being done, so I don't waste my time.
  3. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

i dont think anyones making a model but im sure that cjtk1701 was thinkking about it he may be able to help you if you p.m. him
    if i an be of any help please let me know :thumb:
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Actually someone was working on it as a paper model and I've been working on another version, but don't want to let the cat out of the bag. If you want to move forward on it I'm sure no one would mind. If you need any references let me know I have both versions and some very high res shots as well as some stuff that I don't think was on his site. I know he took the photos down for awhile, but don't know the current status. I know "they" say that it is not the "New" Enterprise, but I still beg to differ. I've seen the HD version of the trailer and some other shots and I have to tell you that I still believe that it's the "New" ship, or at the very least the "New" ship is very closely based on the ship Gabe created.:mrgreen::thumb:
  5. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I doubt its going to be in the movie. Its certainly possible, the Constitution class went through several refits, so who's to say this couldn't be what the Constitution class originally looked like, and the TOS constitutions are refits of it? But I still think they'll be going with something much closer to the original.

I probably won't design a model of it if you and someone else have been working on two different versions. I'm too busy building a 1/1900 fleet.
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Please, by all means, feel free to do so. I haven't heard of any progress on the paper one that was being worked on and the one I'm working on is not for paper. If you need any help, or references, please feel free to drop me a line.:thumb: