KOBO Papermodels

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by ulious, Jul 31, 2005.

1. ulious

ulious Member

I was wondering if any of you have any of these guys models?
    I was looking at the 1/16 scale flak and bunker.
    Thinking of buying them but was wondering if anyone had any feedback before I spent my money.

Also, where did you buy them from.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy ulious,

Well I did a search on google of kobo papermodels and it says that lighthouse model art has them in canada. Lighthouse is a member here also and posts fairly regularly.
    I am looking at the flak and bunker right now as we type this, on the KoBo website http://www.paper-models.com/index-e.html and it looks pretty nice. But, I have never heard of them til you mentioned them. If you would like lighthouse model art's website addy, it is : http://www.lighthousemodelart.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=501 and on that page you will see they do indeed have the model you are talking about for $29.99 .

Hope this helps ya out,

Greg aka GW
  3. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

I have the Flak 38 2cm By KoBo. The kit consists of 4 pages (A4) of parts and 3 pages of assembly drawings No instructions though there is a small note stating what needs to be laminated to various card stock. The printing is excellent with correct colors my model is dark gray (panzer gray) with nice weathering. The kit appears to be printed on a laser printer with high quality 24 lb color laser paper . There are much better instructions on KoBo’s web page

The model is highly detailed and you are almost required to enhance the kit in this scale. Rivets could be added and many of the parts could be made to operate.

I am building the Halinski flak 38 and it does not have as much detail and is some what simplified compared to the KoBo kit. The only thing that holds me back from building the KoBo kit is the scale all my other armor models are 1/25.

Over all I would consider it a 4.5 on a scale of 5 for difficulty and I would recommend it as one of the top paper models available.

Jim Nunn
  4. ulious

ulious Member

Thanks Guys
  5. the Hobby Factory

the Hobby Factory New Member

KOBO out of business?

Does anyone have any idea what happened to Kobo? I have been waiting for him to publish his models with English instructions. The site said the English instructions were coming soon, but now the site is gone. If anyone has any information that would help me contact Kobo, it would be greatly appreciated.