Klingon D-7 by Marc Robitaille. Done!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MOS95B, Mar 7, 2007.

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I finally finished it! [​IMG] Turns out a very nice model, even with my modest skills. Can you say "compound curves" boys and girls??

A few very minor criticisms of the kit:

It could use some sort of stand.

The paint job appears it was not meant to be printed full page. It's a bit fuzzy and/or pixelated in places. I also repainted a couple of parts as I did not agree/care for Marc's choices. I missed one (the top of the secondary/engineering hull.

I felt the need to create a few internal supports as a few of the parts felt a little weak. More due to my fumble fingers, though, than any deficiency in the kit

And, final criticism, I really could have used some directions. Most of the parts I could figure out quite easily due to being a long time Star Trek fan. A few parts, though, I either had to reprint, or unfold before the glue set, as they just didn't quite make sense the first time

All in all, though, I would highly recommend this kit to Star Trek fans. It makes a great, large (approx 21"x11") ship that I will be quite proud to display (once The Missus and I agree on where)

Now, on to the good stuff....

Attached Files:

2. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

That is just way too cool. K'Plach!
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Looks great man! Is that the star trek mug where the captain and crew disappear when you pour something hot in the mug? I got me one of those!
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Excellent. Is the mug made from card/paper. Just kidding. Excellent.
  5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

it was. Until The Missus left it soak too long in the dishwater. The color changing "stuff" seems to be kinda broken

Thanks all!! And don't let my criticizms fool you, I really enjoyed that kit. And, there's enough room inside most of it that the pro's could probably light it.
  6. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

WOW! Very Cool Sir!...I like it! and I think your " custom" stand is cool too.
  7. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Aaww, nutz! Now that I've got your pictures to use as a reference, I'll have to print one out and add it to my build list. :roll: I always thought this was a good looking kit just by looking at the sheets, now you've shown that it looks just a good built up. Nice job!

Scott K.
  8. marc.marie

marc.marie New Member

You did a better job than me

Marc Robitaille
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Fine praise indeed coming from the creator himself!! Thank you kind sir!!

Although, I did cheat a bit with the little details parts around where the neck/boom connects to the secondary hull. I couldn't quite figure out how the two side bits went together so I didn't use all the pieces. It's kind intentionally hard to see from the pictures. But it doesn't keep me from showing it off as one of my favorite/proudest builds.
  10. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Really nice work. This is one of my favourite Klingon ships.