Kitchener Train show pics

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Went to the show today with Dave Flinn who is visiting Toronto for a few days. We headed out at about 9:30 am and with little traffic we made it there in good time. Neither of us were sure what to expect, but it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be and very well attended.

Here's a couple shots showing the general scene.

Attachments

• show1.jpg
    show1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 201
  • show2.jpg
    show2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 201

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
A tin plate layout with lots of lights and animation that had the younger crowd oo-ing and ah-ing in delight followed by a completely scratchbuilt O-scale layout. (the only thing the owner didn't make himself was the figures and the vehicles.

Attachments

• tinplate1.jpg
    tinplate1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 196
  • o layout.jpg
    o layout.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 197

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Just kidding!!! It's a diorama built by my cousin Greg - we ran into each other at the show, and he had the diorama in his van. That's Greg on the left and Dave on the right.

Attachments

• Greg and Dave.jpg
    Greg and Dave.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 192

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
While we were out in the parking lot, a Lancaster bomber flew overhead, as part of some festivities elsewhere in town. A nice piece of history!!

Did not run into David aka 60103.... but we still managed to have a good time!!!

Attachments

• plane.jpg
    plane.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 187

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Good pix, Val. Thanks very much for taking me out there and back. I really enjoyed visiting with you and seeing the show. I agree that it was really better than I had hoped, although I really didn't have any idea what to expect.

Now, let me see if I can add some of my pictures here (Ha Ha - I've never tried this before)

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Dave, click on the "post reply" button lower left. Scroll down to where it says "Additional Options". The first little box is called Miscellaneous Options and the next one is called Attach Files.

Click on the button that says "Manage Attachments". When you do another window pops up.

Click on the button there that says "Choose File". That will let you browse the files on your computer. When you've selected one you'll be back at the first window. Click "Upload" and there you go!

Val

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Another Attempt at Pictures

Ok. I am following your instructions. Let's see what happens. If this picture goes, look closely and you'll all see Val.

I don't see nuttin! I followed the instructions, selected a picture and clicked on upload; but I think it uploaded into cyberspace; certainly not to this message.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Dave,

Are you resizing your picture to fit our maximum standard? Once you locate your picture on your computer, you must hit the "upload" button. When you do an "upload" and it doesn't work, the dialog box will tell you why. If it's too big, you will have to size it using a photo editor program. I have a tutorial here on how to do that.

Keep trying.

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
One More Try

Thought I'd try once more before we go to dinner. Sorry to keep boring folks with my problems, but maybe I can learn something.

Aha. I found the problem. I thought my pictures were small enough; but this time I got a warning that it is too big. Will try resizing. I just wasn't reading the warning before, I guess.

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Resized Picture

Here we go. I hope I've got it this time. Anyway, look for Val.

Ok. I went through the process, and clicked upload. The "title" now appears under "Manage Attachments" in "Additional Options"; but how do I get it to actually appear in the message? Maybe when I submit reply.....

Attachments

• Kitchener Show 1106 001_resize.jpg
    Kitchener Show 1106 001_resize.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 109

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
spitfire said:
While we were out in the parking lot, a Lancaster bomber flew overhead, as part of some festivities elsewhere in town. A nice piece of history!!

Did not run into David aka 60103.... but we still managed to have a good time!!!

Gosh, I wish it was a lancaster!! :eek: It's actually a british lend-lease North American B-25 Mitchell! :thumb: