Kitbasher's Diary: Bachman Rural Freight Statoion (N Scale)

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
Great thread, Charlie. It is really amazing to see what a creative mind can come up with when it comes to simple kits. I have only begun to make feeble attempts in the way of kitbashing. I somehow came by the same kit with which you started, but mine was already built by the previous owner. My changes were mostly cosmetic.

Attachments

• mvc-267s.jpg
    mvc-267s.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 99

Drew1125

Thanks upguy, but as you can see, the "creativity" was greatly helped along by some of the other folks here!:thumb:

The structure you've got there makes a great little section house-type structure...exactly what happenened to a lot of the old freight depots! There's a lot of potential for detailing there...those platforms can hold a lot of 'stuff'...barrels, drums, crates, tools, figures, etc...One suggestion I would offer would be, raise the building slightly by putting it on a piece of foamcore, or cardboard...this would make it look a little larger, & slightly lower the profile of the track.

ddavidv

Charlie, question:
What did you use to make the horizontal fuel tanks for the fuel depot? I was considering scratch building something similiar for my N layout.

Drew1125

All of those tanks came from various HO & N scale kits...the horizontal tanks came from a Walthers Service Track kit...I made legs for them from an icing platform kit...

I never use anything for what it's intended to be! :D:rolleyes: :D