Kitbasher's Diary: A Depot For Glasgow Jct (N Scale)

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Drew1125, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I've decided that it's time for the town of Glasgow Jct to get a depot...I wanted tio put it in the area between the interchange coming into the junction on the left, & the Poor Fork RR curving off to the right...

Attached Files:

2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I cut a template, or "footprint" out of cardboard, so I could have a reference to the space at the workbench...

Attached Files:

3. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Indtead of buying a kit, I wanted to try & build this out of materials I had on hand...So I've been digging through the scrap box, looking for things that look promising...

Attached Files:

4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Ifound this small roof, & trimmed some legs from a Walthers N scale icing platform...

Attached Files:

5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I used the floor from an HO boxcar kit to make a wooden passenger platform, & I've primed everything flat black...

Attached Files:

6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

I found another roof in the scrap box, & scratchbuilt some walls out of Evergreen siding to fit it...

Attached Files:

7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Well, that's all I have so far...I'll post another update as soon as I'm able...:)
  8. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Looking good, Charlie!:thumb:
  9. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Looks good Charlie, I always find the Scrap (or is that scratch?) Building articles amazing.
  10. ddavidv

ddavidv Member

Nice start. I love these beginning-to-end photo journals. Keep 'em coming!
  11. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

So do I! It is fascinating to follow your progress on both the layout and your ongoing projects. I'll be watching this one, and if I may say, it looks GREAT already! :thumb: :thumb:
  12. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks guys! :)
    I'm not sure how well this one's going to turn out...?:rolleyes:

Not a whole lot to report as of yet...
    I've gotten this part of the main structure together...nothing glued or painted yet...I've found some doors & windows that I think will work, & I sawed this little bay window off an old DPM structure...
    I'm planning on adding a couple more additions to this structure, plus the loading platform...

Attached Files:

13. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Watching a project take shape is always so inspiring! I'm really looking forward to following this one.

:thumb: Val
  14. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Charlie, it's nice to let us look over your shoulder when you're kitbashing.

Looks like a charming little station for Glasgow Jct is on its way! :thumb:

I'm looking forward to see the final product of your skill and fantasy. Surely it will be one more little masterpiece! :cool:

15. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Very nice Charlie. A quaint looking structure.
  16. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Wooking Good Charlie.
    That is going to look good in town my friend. I'll be watching!
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: