Kitbash Car Shop

Here is the Walthers Car Shop I am bashing down to 2 stalls with an outside track. I also scratch built the runner rails for the modified Walthers Heavy Crane. It had to have major surgery cutting it down to almost 1/3rd of it's original size. I also used Northeastern Scale Models shingles on the roof panels. I have all the windows built and need to install the cabling on the crane. The roof will be removable and details installed along with an arc welding circuit.

DSCN3894.jpg

DSCN3895.jpg

DSCN3896.jpg

DSCN3897.jpg

Thanks , Mike

CAS

Apr 10, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
fifer,
Real nice job on the whole project. The crane really stands out for me.
Can't wait to see the completed job.

fifer, what is the base made out of? can't really tell.
CAS

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
CAS said:
fifer, what is the base made out of? can't really tell.

I believe the base is the one that the kit comes with. There are notches in the base that allow rails to go through the picture as shown. I have not gotten this kit before but I have gotten Walthers Cornerstone kits and the base was just like this one with the notches :thumb:

TruckLover said:
I believe the base is the one that the kit comes with. There are notches in the base that allow rails to go through the picture as shown. I have not gotten this kit before but I have gotten Walthers Cornerstone kits and the base was just like this one with the notches :thumb:
Josh is correct , the base comes with the kit.
Thanks , Mike

woodone

Feb 7, 2007
Phoenix, AZ.
That sure looks good, are we talking N scale here? Photos show better than that. Great job!:thumb:
I sure wish I could get good close ups. Very nice.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Mike, I said it on SRO and Im gonna sat it again,

WOW

I don't know what else to say Mike, I am pretty much speachless

I love the idea of having that outdoor track and the 2 indoor one's that looks AWSOME, the crane work is AMAZING and all the little details are FANTASTIC

WAY TO GO MIKE

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
Wow! Great work on the building and it looks great on your layout! The little details in your building are incredible. It is hard to believe it is N scale. Do you have a gallery or thread of your layout. I want to see more!:thumb: