Kit bashed tow truck

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by JBBVry, Jan 5, 2005.

1. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

here is the tow truck i made by bashing the heck out of a dodge power truck and a 1978 chevy towtruck. let me know what you think of her.
  2. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

hit the wrong thing and didn't get the pic up. here it is.

Attached Files:

• mm73.JPG
      File size:
      66.9 KB
  3. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Do they do AAA calls?
    I think there's a Model A or T that needs it... just over by that cement pond.
  4. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Weather it a bit and you got a winner. :thumb: Fred
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  6. jetrock

jetrock Member

Looks great, but yeah, it could use some oil stains and grime!
  7. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

The truck looks great Paul but like others have said, it needs weathering, particularly the rear orange part. Orange and red plastic just always looks like plastic.
  8. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

yep i still have to add chains tow cables some rope and tools i would like to find away to paint the towbody the same purple as the rest found it in testers but it comes out too thick. i will post a few more as i go.
  9. davidbross

davidbross New Member

forget about the truck (which looks great) I want to see more of the building in the background! What did you paint it with?
  10. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Get some water based acrylic paint in the color you want from a craft store. You can thin it for airbrushing with either distilled water or denatured alcohol. The paint will be flat, but you can shoot gloss coat on top if you want glossy paint. Here in So Cal tow trucks are the cleanest vehicles on the road with the possible exception of firetrucks. They also have the wildest paint jobs imagineable.
  11. JBBVry

JBBVry Member

look at my other post mackenzie milling co.