Kit Bash Time

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by MOS95B, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I'm not proud of this but I did own a Gremlin a long time ago. It actually was pretty quick but dangerously easy to 360 in rain and snow.
  3. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

That's sooo cool!

I want one! Are We there Yet! Don't Feed it after Midnight, (LOL)!

4. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

But isn't the car in the picture the Delorean from Back to the Future?
  5. Gremlins are da bomb! My first brand new car was a 1972 Gremlin. It was a quick little sucker. I once drag raced a friend with a new 340 Duster just for fun. He was shocked to find that I blew him away off the line. Took him a good block to catch me. As you say though, a totally different story on a wet road. I used to have a lot of trouble leaving toll booths when it was raining. The combination of dripped oil and water was almost too much for the car to overcome. Road like a truck too. I checked more that once to make sure there were rear springs. I thought the rear ended might have been welded directly to the frame. I think all the American Motors cars got the same set of leaf springs regardless of the weight of the car.
  6. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Yeah, that's the BTTF-2 Delorean (note the Mr Fusion tower and folding wheels), engine pods from the TOS Enterprise, wings from an X WIng Fighter, and the markings from Herbie and The General Lee.

Now, since I am seriously considering kit-bashig this vehicle, I know I can't release it, but what would be the "legal" implications of showing off my results??
  7. SteveM

SteveM Member

How you go about assembling a legally acquired kit is entirely up to you. Displaying the results is also entirely yours.
  8. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

But it would be neater to kit bash a Gremlin model into one of those.:grin:
    Or how about an AMC Pacer. Remember those?8)
  9. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

Somethin' like this? ROTFL!

10. Chthulhu

Chthulhu Member

If you were to design it from the ground up, rather than kitbashing, you could probably talk Scott Kurtz into publishing it in printed form and paying you for your work; he's that kind of guy. :)

If you kitbash, though, you can display it as you like; you just can't release the package for others to build. I would still send Scott a photo or two; he'll love it.
  11. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

TTM - The Gremlin reference is on the website as part of the T-shirt description.
  12. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I didn't get the Gremlin thing either, until I went back to the page...
  13. gian7675

gian7675 Member

Hey that's neat! :) You just designed this?
  14. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Yeah. Where is that Delorean from? I have Claudio's Delorean, but it's a little more intricate than I feel this idea needs (at this level anyway)
  15. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

16. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

This thread may be in the wrong place soon. I'm printing kit parts now... :twisted:
  17. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

Just now printing them? LOL All I gotta do is attach the enterprise nacelles and I'm done building this silly thing..

Yep. That's Shun Pop's Delorean I used
  18. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Awwwwww, mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......... :( That ain't fair...............

I modified the paint job a touch. But I ain't tellin' til I'm done now....
  19. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Well, I just delayed myself even further. Shun Pop's Delorean just wasn't what I was after, so I started over with Cláudio Dias's version. It's a shame a lot of the detail will get covered up with the other sillieness....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.