Kiski Junction Railroad Schenley, Pa

slekjr

Hello Everyone
I haven't done much posting as we have been getting everything ready for our new passenger season that opens this Tuesday, June 5th.
We will try to operate with the Alco S1 on most of our trips and the GP7 will be handy for photos.
The GP7 was out of service most of last year due to a serious water in oil problem which was corrected with 5 new heads and new gaskets on all the rest of the cylinders.
I want to thank all of you that have been here to ride and hope everyone else will come visit us.
I really need to thank my volunteers as without their help and support we would not have the great little railroad we have today.
Our schedule is on the web site as well as some facts about our locomotives and equipment. KISKI JUNCTION RAILROAD
I have to also say thanks to all of you for a great forum which has brought me back up to date on the scale model scene. I don't get to go home much to play with my own layout as it is a 75 mile drive so we just stay on site most of the time
Thanks aqain to all
Charlie

brakie

Charlie,I really enjoyed the video and of course the Alco switcher.
What type of whistle are you using? It sounds like a Hancock whistle.

slekjr

Air whistle

It is indeed a Hancock. We use it as it is a little quieter for the passengers. We have the Nathan to get the truckers attention should it be needed.
Charlie

brakie

The reason I can tell a Hancock whistle is by its sound..It sounds like a steam locomotive whistle.