King Jnr

12 ft 9

Hi to all :thumb: i am a beginner to this, My Dad has been assisting me sign1 i love all the models. I love working with my hands and would love to get started with this!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

DanBKing

Dan the Man
King Snr --> King Jnr

Welcome aboard, Son!! :D

The best place to start, is to begin!!!
I am sure you will find something on here that will inspire you. Everybody here is willing to help, in any way.

The main thing here is: HAVING FUN!!!!!! :D

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum! Great to see such a close knit membership like this. Welcome aboard! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It is always GREAT to see a child following in their parents footsteps in this hobby.
What sort of things are you interested in?

By all means, please post a build thread of your builds. If you have any models that you have already built, please post photos of those as well.

I look forward to seeing your work.

Once again, welcome aboard.

I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

silveroxide

Welcome aboard. It is always inspiring when kinfolk tend to follow in the footsteps of their elders. Pick a genre, start cutting, pasting and posting photos. We are here to assist if possible and if not, direct you in the right direction. Needless to say, read the rules and policies and hope to see some of your builds around here soon.

Rogerio Silva

Welcome, young man! I'd say I expect great things from you, but I won't. I know it sounds weird, so let me explain: you don't have to feel obligated to show amazing works right now, this is a HOBBY.
As many have written above, what you need now is to HAVE FUN and ENJOY the hobby. Once you get to love this hobby, then, oh boy, I'll expect FANTASTIC things from you.
So, young man, welcome aboard, take your time, have fun and enjoy!

Rogério

P.S isn't 12 ft 9' the height of the Hulk?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, a new neighbour! sign1

(I live near the border to the Netherlands, ya know. :cool:)

It's great to see father and son sailing together here on our great forum. I'm sure you'll find many amazing things and people here.

Welcome aboard and
Have fun and enjoy! :thumb:

All the best

Marcell

:wave::wave::wave:

DanBKing

Dan the Man
Oh, a new neighbour! sign1

(I live near the border to the Netherlands, ya know. :cool:)

It's great to see father and son sailing together here on our great forum. I'm sure you'll find many amazing things and people here.

Welcome aboard and
Have fun and enjoy! :thumb:

All the best

Marcell

:wave::wave::wave:

Hi Marcell,

Actually, my son lives in South Africa, with his wife and children. But, they are thinking of emigrating here in the future. But the way the bloody weather has been around here, I might advise them (and myself,) to settle a little closer to the Med. :rolleyes:

As you and I live relatively close, maybe we will meet you for a beer one day. sign1

12 ft 9

Thanks to all that replied, :thumb: Its really great to see that all is willing to help :twisted: i am really motivated to begin just need to know what type of materials i need to start and what tools are required if there is any. Thanks Dad for this invite :thumb: this is just the beginning and things are going to get alot better and greater:goldcup: :band1:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Tell Dad to take you to a Michael's Craft Stores, get UHU Brand Glue, and a bottle of Zip Dry Glue, the best, and both non toxic, they also sell a nice 3 pack of cutting scissors, three sizes, that are excellent. You then need to go to Staples and get .67 lb and 110 lb. card stock. Then pick a subject! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Since you live in South Africa, you may want to make contact with Thunder Child. He too is from South Africa, and can answer all of your questions as to where are the best places to get supplies, and such.

I am looking forward to seeing your work!