Kinda rustic pictures

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Tommybza, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Tommybza

Tommybza Member

Here are some of the 'rustic 'pictures As soon as i exlpain to the wife why we needed a power washer .we should be getting a digital camera with some thing better than 2.1 ,oh well comments welcome please ,
    I think you will get the idea

Attached Files:

2. stripes

stripes Member

My pictures are not any better than those and It`s a 6 megapix. Great layout so far!
  3. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

Good pictures Tom, rustic pictures ( nostalgy is not what it used to be ), nice workbench, it looks very stable.
  4. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Tom, what size is your table?
  5. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

Well, considering the B/W pictures you've posted are less than 0.3MP I don't think camera resolution is much of an issue here :)
  6. Go Big1

Go Big1 Member

Looking good Tom! :thumb:
    I gotta get my bathroom remodel finished for Mrs. Big, cause then I can start my benchwork. I get both jealous and inspired watching everyone's work progress.
  7. Squidbait

Squidbait Recovering ALCO-holic

Looking good! But it's not megapix that are the issue ('cos those photos look fine resolution-wise) - it's focus.

Does your camera have a "Macro" or "Close-up" feature? That's what you need for those on-table shots of your locomotives. If you don't have it, you could try setting the camera a little further away and using the zoom to frame the pic.
  8. Tommybza

Tommybza Member

Thanks for the reply s
    GIL the table was taken from a plan my dad found in one of his model railroader mag's it is 4x8 with a 2x4 extention in the back so 4x 10 with room for side area for a pickel factory and a small loading zone . then i came to see that there was no place to lay my stuff so put in a small fold down table top .
    a few weeks back we had a leak in the fish tank pump well you know it went over the table .. as far as sturdy yes 1/4 inch birch ply wood top and then 1x3 for the sides then cut strips of 1/2 inch plw wood 4 inch wide these are the legs. tall enough so the cat will not be tempted to call it home .
    also got a handle on the photo progran to get the size down to 640x480 and 65k , guess I can hold off on the new camera for a bit ,what is a bit ?