Keystone Locomotive Works bandsaw mill

rlundy90

Oct 2, 2007
Anola, Manitoba, Canada
Hi. I was wondering if any of you know where I can get these windows for a Keystone Bandsaw mill. I need 3 large and 1 small window. The kit I have is missing them and I don't think keystone produces them any more. At least I haven't seen them listed with their other items. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ron.

Attachments

• ron's pics#1 596.jpg
    ron's pics#1 596.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 23
N

nachoman

grandt line makes a ton of windows in plastic, and I am sure you could find some suitable enough. Even if the style is slightly different, it's still plausable because in real life, broken windows get replaced all the time, and on a mill, it only matters if they function. You could also build the kit as if some of the windows had been boarded up, or replaced with a vent fan of some sort...

Kevin

rlundy90

Oct 2, 2007
Anola, Manitoba, Canada
I've checked out all the plastic stuff. Campbells comes the closest. SS Ltd has some that are fairly close in cast metal also. I was thinking of changing them all to the SSltd windows but there are so many would cost a fortune.Was hoping perhaps someone knew where there was some old stock Keystone stuff.Boarding up a few is a great idea though. I didn't think of that. Thanks. Ron.

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
If you look into resin...I wouldn't try to use alumilite for those...too difficult to get it to reproduce fine details (unless you have a pressure pot). I'd check out a lower viscosity resin. I say this because alumilite is common (and expensive)...but it'd cause great headaches when attempting to duplicate the mutton bars in those window castings. You could use a rubber mold like what alumilite sells...but then cast with white metal instead.