kentucky rr station

P

philip

The original was torn down some 30 years ago. I have some images of the thing in BMP mode. Any possible way to change images to JPEG? .......stumped. thanks for the kind words!

philip

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Sure Philip, just open it up in paint or what ever program you use then go to file, scroll down to "save as" click on that and a box will come up, in the box towards the bottom it will say save as type. next to it, it will probably say 24-bit Bitmap as that is what you say the file is now. next to that is a down arrow, click on that scroll down to jpeg and click on it. Make sure you put a file name in the box right above that then click save and you are done.

P

philip

the real one

thanks Tyson! I hope this works.

Attachments

• 002 vine grove depot.jpg
    002 vine grove depot.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 144
P

philip

the approaching end of passenger svc

notice the semaphore is missing....dang vandals

Attachments

• 001vin~1.jpg
    001vin~1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 143

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Nice looking structure phillip. What did you make it out of? One real benefit to scrachbuilding is being able to make a model of a real building even if it is just from a photo as you did.

P

philip

materials??

Robin, Here is the sort of "bill of materials". The whole thing is mostly evergreen plastic. The smoke jack is made of lead soldier. The screen door material is made out of one of those old wire mesh type coffee filters...that I stole from my wifes coffee maker. Actually I convinced her the filter was no longer serviceable...she has no idea I'm using the materials for screen doors LOL. The freight door are v-groove 0.25 spacing. The windows are Grandt Line. The doors are Grandt line 5 raised panel with the center cut out and the screen attached plus the 5 panel doors on the inside.
The roof is evergreen with that maddening little groove that you are forced to glue that tiny little strip in. The siding is clapboard .030 spacing. The frame is square tube for reinforcment.
The out side corners are angles like .060. I brush painted the siding with testors primer and then ruffed the finish with steel wool. The roof is testors battleship gray with the steel wool finish. The doors and windows are Polly Mec Pine green. My presentation of the thing is awful. I will some day plant all my models when my benchwork and track is laid. :) TAD... welcome!

Attachments

• vine arial.jpg
    vine arial.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 121