1. Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is a new photo gallery section. You can create your own personal photo gallery (to include setting up your own albums). You can even post videos. You can also post and share photos in the galleries of others (if that person allows such), as well . ENJOY!!!

Ken West SR-71

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Johndhs, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Johndhs

Johndhs New Member

I just bought the Ken West SR-71. Man what a model. Well above my skill level at this point, but I had to have it. Has anyone built this thing yet?
  2. ASC Mclaren

ASC Mclaren Moderator

3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

He makes some awesome models. I would just go for it. His instructions are great! :)
  4. inky

inky Member

5. Johndhs

Johndhs New Member

I also bought the astronaut Ken designed. It looks a little more forgiving, so I might give that a whack first.
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

Hope to see some pics! Of both :) the sr-71 has a couple tough curves but otherwise goes together well from my understanding!
    Chris
  7. Billy Leliveld

Billy Leliveld Member

Don't worry, everything fits like a glove, just take your time, one tip ; after building the internal formers , put the whole upper and lower surface together without glueing it to the formers, then put it on, maybe you have to trim the outer rim a little bit, but it works better than doing it part by part