Keep em or sell em?

electric130

I was back home for business and dug out my old trains from my mom's house. I had forgoten how much N scale stuff I had. My dilema is that I'm mainly into O and G scale now and need a lot more money for G track (costs about $5 per foot). So I'm trying to decide if I should sell my N scale stuff or keep it. If it's not worth much money, I'll just keep it all and maybe do an N scale layout someday. Here's approx. what I have:
~25 box cars and reefers
~20 passenger cars (most are about 12" long)
~10 coal hoppers
~4 tankers
~6 desiel engines
~2 steam engines (a 2-10-0 and a 0-8-0)
I don't know if any of the locos even work anymore. alot of the other cars need repair on the trucks or couplers. I'd hate to sell all of it for a small amount and wind up buying them again later if I change my mind. Most of the cars need some cleaning up, but some of them the dirt looks like good weathering! sign1

so what do you guys think?

railohio

If they're more than fifteen years old they probably won't have much value on the used market if that helps your decision any. N scale models have come a long way in the last decade-and-some.

Triplex

20 passenger cars (most are about 12" long)
That sounds like the size of an HO passenger car.
2 steam engines (a 2-10-0 and a 0-8-0)
The 2-10-0, at least, has to be old. The only plastic Decapod in N that I know of is the Minitrix PRR I1: Minitrix 2-10-0 Decapod Wow. I just realized how misproportioned that is. An I1 is handsome. This isn't. In fact, it couldn't even run if it were real - as noted, the steam pipes don't connect to the cylinders!