KC-135 Stratotanker 1:120 scale has been uploaded!

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by airbob, Jul 23, 2006.

1. airbob

airbob Member

707 or KC-135 contest

MOST EXCELLENT!!!....I now throw down the gauntlet......the first one of you to build either the Boeing 707 or the the KC-135 at any scale will be declaired the:MOST EXCELLENT 707 OR KC-135 PAPER MODEL BUILDER FOR 2006...
    and as a result you get a free copy of the Lockheed Electra 10A that is free at this site!!! Wait a minute if it is free and available now why should you take place in this contest!?......of course to be named:
    Most excellent 707 or KC-135 paper model builder for 2006.:oops:
  2. airbob

airbob Member

707 or KC-135 contest/John and Yaniv's contest

You can also enter this model in John and Yaniv's contest.....since it is free for download...just think.. you could be declared the winner of this esteemed contest and also of John and Yaniv's contest!!!...but you have to build it at 1:120 scale since this is ithe original released scale.....you cannot build it at 1:32 or 1:33 scale or larger...since you will have to build an extra "hanger" addition 120x120 to your house....and I can't be responsible for you going bankrupt or getting a divorce!!!:wink:
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks for the plug airbob!

I was hoping someone would submit you wonderful model for the competition!

4. 4ps

4ps New Member

Dear Bob:

GREAT 707!!!

Would u like to design VC-137?:grin:
  5. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Sir Bob, how about the E-3? :-D
  6. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Thanks for all the versions of the KC-135.
  7. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

hi all

i just finsh to make a big file of PDF for the kc135 and the b707

if some one know the way i contact bob to send him the file or to update tham on my website :)?
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yaniv this has alredy been done - I made them (but didnt do a great job cause I didnt know about resolution) and jleslie fixed them - look up about 7 posts to the link he gave :)
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this is the closest model I could find to want I want...

How hard would one have to beg a designer to make a specific modification to a completed model???

My son has been in the Air Force for almost a year now. Once he is done with all his training (he's going to be a linguist, and is at the language school right now) he will be zipping around the worl in an RC-135. I think it would be fun to have a model for my own display, and one to present to him and his new wife (who is in the same occupation, but a different language)

Any chance one might talk a designer into modifying the KC-135 into the RC version?? It's mostly just removing the refueling boom, and modifying the "bumps" there, adding a bunch of antennae, and maybe the nose a bit, depending on which version he's actually assigned to. Sounds simple enough to me, but still well beyond my skill level.

Not a big hurry, either, as it won't be until late this year, or early next year, before he gets through with all the training and actually assigned to the aircrew. Just gauging how possible this request would be...

My apologies to any USAF servicemen/veterans if I used any incorrect terminology. I was Army. I don't know nothing 'bout talking 'bout no planes
  10. airbob

airbob Member

As the designer to this model of the KC-135....I can state that I may in the future complete a version of the KC-135 in the "Lets Roll" version....other than that....I am burned out from designing this bird:cry: ....however....any other designer that would like to use this model as the basis for any other versions of the KC-135 has my complete authorization to use any and all of this model to do this.....any takers out there???!!!:p .....Bob out...
  11. willygoat

willygoat Member

I kinda feel stupid here. I've been to the sight and LOVE the KC-135. I just can't get it to download. I got the 707, but I can't remember how. HELP:???:
  12. airbob

airbob Member

Click on the image that you want todown load to your desktop and then click on the highest defination noted at the upper right side and then right click on the picture...and download to where ever you want!:wink:,,,,hop-e you enjoy the build...It's challenging!
  13. willygoat

willygoat Member

Thanks Airbob,
    I've been looking forward to building this ever since I saw your beta build pics. An ANG base just south of me flys these all the time. The local AF base flys the RC-135. I figue it wouldn't take much to add the cheek pods and make one of those ;). It will be a while before I can get working on it, but I wanted it anyway. Thanks again.:grin:
  14. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Willygoat, if you ever do manage to make an RC-135 conversion, please let me know (with airbob's permission, of course). That's what my son will be flying in once he finishes training.

15. airbob

airbob Member

RC-135 conversion...

Sounds like a great idea!....I await to see the progress on this conversion!....best of luck!...Bob out
  16. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

dont forget the JSTARS & the E-3 too :-D
  17. willygoat

willygoat Member

If I recall, the E-3 is the name for the old "Looking Glass" right? I work part time at a local aircraft museum and they have a Looking Glass out back. They used to be based out of Offutt AFB in town here. It's quite similar to the KC-135. Just a couple of different pods attatched. I haven't made any attempts at designing anything. I can get pictures if someone else wants though. So far, I have only ventured into the recoloring world. I'm getting fairly good at that.
  18. willygoat

willygoat Member

Me again
    Bob, do you have any little bits of instructions for this bird floating on your site anywhere? I have the thing all printed off and ready to dive in, but I see some parts that are a bit confusing as to how they go together. Anybody got any ideas?
  19. airbob

airbob Member

Check in the assembly diagrams that are on the site...the 707 and the KC-135 have a very similar assembly sequence....:)
  20. willygoat

willygoat Member

Thanks Bob, I'll check it out.:grin: