KC-135 Stratotanker 1:120 scale has been uploaded!

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by airbob, Jul 23, 2006.

1. airbob

airbob Member

I have completed the upload of the KC-135 E version for now with JT-4 turbofans for the E vesion and J-57 turbojets for the A version and CFM-56's for the R and later versions. I have not beta built since the changes, but the fuselage and all the wings have not changed and have good fit on my beta build..hopefully my measurements were close on the final finishing touches! The website as always is: http://www.clarksvegas.com/bob/gallery2/main.php. I hope to see the results of some of the finished products...since I have not built the final KC-135E version from PennsylvaniaANG "Pennsylvania Guardians" This is a"beast" to build...but the finished product is well worth the effort:yep: :rofl: !!!
  2. rwguess

rwguess Member

you are going to have me building 3 models at the same time :cry:

thanks for the model ive been waiting for it

3. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Nice work Airbob and thanks.

What will be your next project?

Might it be another "C" bird?

4. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Congratulations on another nice bird, I will build this model soon, however is there a link to the model files. I looked round you website and found a some of the files but not all of them. Thank you for sharing your great work,
  5. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Ok I found the parts but I am unsure how to download them, do I just 'save picture as'? if so what size should I have the resolution set to?.
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

GT5500................ make it the largest size possible............... right click and do the "save as" thing.

That way you get all the detail!

7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Oh.............. THANKS BOB!:grin: Fantastic as all the others!
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thank You Bob, for another beauty!!!

9. airbob

airbob Member

KC-135 plaudits

Thanks guys for the plaudits, AT THIS TIME...HOWEVER ....I think after you have tried to build this bird you may feel different!!!:razz: Anyway I hope that you guys accept the challenge....It's do-able....just difficult at times:-o So stick in there you intrepid card explorers:yep:
  10. Ponytail

Ponytail Member

Thanks BOB,

What else to say....
  11. dhanners

dhanners Member

Hmmm.... What else to say? How about designing a 1/120th-scale Aurora spy plane so the KC-135R can refuel it? (Then again, maybe Aurora is refueled by KC-10 Extenders.)

So a 1/120th scale KC-10 is next?

Seriously, great work. Your stuff is inspiring.
  12. GT5500

GT5500 Member

What happened to the stealth wing you were doing is that still in process, I am sure I have not seen one yet.
  13. frankm

frankm New Member

Was just at your web site and downloaded the model. All I can say is WOW. I don't know when I'll finish her. She looks to be way beyond my limited modeling capabilities. I'll give her a try though.

Thanks for all the hard work that you put into to this.

14. frankm

frankm New Member

You know, when I was looking at the parts page for the "A" model engines I was reminded about one engine run we had after phase inspection.

In case you didn't know, the J57-59W engine on the "A" model was water injected. The water was used to increase the power of the engines by injecting it into the intakes during takeoff. There was a 600 gal. water tank in the aft part of the main wheel wells. This was a saddle tank with the fill nozzle in the left wheel well. Anyway, we pulled the aircraft out of the hanger and took her to the flight line for post dock checks. One of the checks was to take the engines to 100% power and hit the water injection. Quite an event if you have never seen 4 jet engines at full power then suddenly the water is injected. Lots of noise and black exhaust smoke, and the engines take a decided nose up attitude. The run started fine and the engines went to 100% with no problems. When the water injection was hit #3 engine started to take the water then suddenly flamed out. It was quite a site to see water pouring out of the intake and exhaust. Needless to say the water system on #3 was checked. Seems the valves for the water injection lines were full open and dumped enough water into the engine to flame her out. Good thing we found it then and not during takeoff. Things could have gotten kind of exciting for the aircrew.

Then there was the time we were running .....ahhhh thats a story for another time.

15. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

And not just any water, either. It was demineralized water. Pumped many a gallon of that foul tasting stuff into KC-135s at Kincheloe AFB.

After the completion of a mass take-off, I would stand on the tarmac looking at those squiggly lines of black smoke disappearing into the distance and laugh.

At that time I didn't know much about aircraft engines and wondered why the B-52H didn't do the same thing.

But, it was still a sight to see.

16. frankm

frankm New Member

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. It even had its own tanker truck. Demineralized Water...Non-potable. Weren't those smoke trails something? Just like a pointer, right to the aircraft. Not to mention the pollution.

17. Cybermac

Cybermac Member

Exxxcellent Job!
  18. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Any chance someone could put this into a PDF file for a single download?
  19. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I would be happy to throw it up on my site but not without consent of the creator. If you can get that and let me know....
  20. GT5500

GT5500 Member

That would be great I think it would benefit the designer by freeing up some webspace and it will help us by making download easier.