Katrina/ New Orleans xmas layout

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by MasonJar, Nov 30, 2005.

1. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

2. nachoman

nachoman Guest

well, you never know what people are going to take he wrong way. I've been on both sides of that fence - have made jokes that I never thought would insult anyone, but they did, and heard jokes that were not meant to insult me, but did. Some artists simply do stuff for shock value, because that gets their name mentioned. I don't think the builder of this display was taking that approach at all. Seems he just wanted to be creative and do something diffferent.

3. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

It looks like the only people who had a problem with it were the mall owners. It just wasn't politically correct.
  4. ausien

ausien Active Member

Truth hurts sometimes, and we modelers, do have a strange sence of humour somtimes too...as for the comment about politically correct this old world is a little to politically correct, and plain speaking should make a come back.

instead of saying.....you are a discumfort in the back of my front.....one should be able to say...... you are a pain in the *$%#.....as it apears that the mall owners are in this case...steve
  5. Oroka

Oroka Member

Life would be so much harder if you had to take all the bad things 100% serious.

Thumbs up to the guy who built it, thumbs down to the crapheads who wanted it taken down :(
  6. nolatron

nolatron Member

Looks like the mall is letting him put it back up.

"Evans said the removal Tuesday prompted hundreds of e-mails of support for the display, compared to 10 complaints. The mall's marketing manager Tricia Thriffiley said she personally received more than 500 e-mails."

Wish I was back home to see it.